Undergrad Intern - R&D Strategy & Operations Supplier Management
Career CategoryCollege Job
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Undergrad Intern – R&D Strategy & Operations Supplier Management
This could be your everyday
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. This internship will be approximately 12 weeks and includes both project-based and experiential learning. The intern will be an integral member of the R&D Strategy and Operations (RDSO) organization, within the Supplier Management and Performance Analytics (SMPA) team.
As a member of Amgen's RDSO Organization, your work will be highly collaborative across multiple functions and levels within Amgen, including for example, Research & Development, Finance, Quality and Compliance, and others. You will be uniquely responsible for one or more key projects that will advance RDSO’s mission, with general responsibilities including:
- Apply automation and visualization tools to simplify and standardize SMPA business processes across functions
- Develop and continually improve team repositories, intake forms, Tableau dashboards, and reports
- Participate in regulatory inspection readiness
- Assist SMPA managers in resolving issues relating to external service providers and maintaining real-time status reporting and risk assessments
- Participate as scribe for governance meetings
- Work with internal customers in supplier scope of work development and contract lifecycle management
- Present your deliverables/findings through various forums including an intern-wide poster session and a final readout to executive management
- Engage in learning activities, networking with colleagues across the company, and enjoying full access to Amgen’s Employee Resource Groups
Here’s what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The collaborative individual we seek is hard-working with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for an undergrad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship OR co-op
- Degree Concentration(s) in Biology, Chemistry, Healthcare, Business, Informatics, or a similar field
- Data visualization and team management tools (PowerPoint, Tableau, Spotfire, Miro, Smartsheet, Visio)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and a willingness to learn
- Adaptability in navigating and effectively responding to ambiguity and evolving circumstances and priorities
- Basic understanding of project management concepts is a plus
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $24.70 - $28.30 per hour.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-182129
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation..