PET Industrial Mechanic
The incumbent is responsible for perform mechanical preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance and troubleshooting pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment.
Compliance with industry regulations and participating in the production process. They may perform equipment adjustments / calibrations, assist in validation processes, and contribute to quality control measures within the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment. This role requires a proactive approach, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in a highly regulated environment to support the continuous operation of pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment attention to detail, and adherence to safety protocols.
- Responsible for performing mechanical preventive, corrective and predictive maintenance and troubleshooting pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment.
- Responsible for performing routine maintenance task on manufacturing equipment, including cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting machinery to ensure optimal performance.
- Assist in the setup and installation of new manufacturing equipment according to specifications and safety guidelines.
- Conduct regular inspections of machinery to identify potential issues and address them proactively to prevent breakdowns.
- Collaborate with other team members to complete preventive maintenance schedules and prioritize tasks based on production needs.
- Assist to coordinate with contractors, the maintenance activities for the above-mentioned equipment’s or support ancillary infrastructure.
- Assist to diagnose and resolve issues with complex mechanical, electrical, and automation systems to minimize downtime and ensure the reliability of pharmaceutical manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and perform repairs as needed to minimize downtime and maintain production efficiency.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including logbooks, work orders, and equipment history, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and GMP requirements.
- Knowledge of SAP system and transactions required to perform the assigned maintenance activities. Knowledge in the mobile device is required.
- Work closely with production and quality control teams to address equipment-related concerns, providing technical support and contributing to cross-functional problem-solving efforts.
- Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines while performing maintenance activities, actively promoting a culture of safety within the facility.
- Stay updated with evolving pharmaceutical technologies and participate in ongoing training programs to enhance knowledge and skills related to equipment maintenance and others development initiatives.
- Find opportunities for process improvement and efficiency gains, collaborating with engineering teams to implement upgrades or modifications to equipment.
- Support continuous improvement efforts by providing input on equipment performance and suggesting process enhancements to increase efficiency and quality.
- Stay informed about changes in regulatory requirements related to pharmaceutical manufacturing equipment and ensure that all maintenance activities align with industry standards.
- Respond promptly to equipment breakdowns and emergencies, implementing corrective actions to minimize production disruptions. The respond includes support to storm emergency site strategy.
Spare Parts Management:
- Maintain an organized inventory of spare parts and collaborate with procurement to ensure timely availability when needed.
Systems and digital:
- Knowledge of SAP system and transactions required to perform the assigned maintenance activities. Knowledge in the mobile device is required. Work with the site Building Management Systems (BMS) to check equipment conditions. Assist technician level 2 and 3 on troubleshooting when the utilities' area is within the assigned scope.
- Actively promotes compliance with and supports the governance process for deploying standard AZ processes and practices within IPR Lean program and Lean Maturity site strategy.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Education / Experience
- Technical Degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must master three of the following skills: basic electricity, basic refrigeration, industrial mechanic, tool and die maker, electronic and/or mechanic, all of them process oriented. Oriented toward excellent human relations with peers & supervisors.
- Adequate communication (oral/written) in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Basic computer skills on programs such as Microsoft office (Excel, Word) and SAP.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Good knowledge of common utilities' operation, troubleshooting on typical pharmaceutical plant equipment.
- Knowledge in Industrial Maintenance, such as Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Tool & Die etc.
- Ability to read, speak and write documents in English.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
iPR Pharmaceuticals & AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity! We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We follow all applicable laws and regulations on nondiscrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Closing Date16-Feb-2024Our mission is to build an inclusive and equitable environment. We want people to feel they belong at AstraZeneca and Alexion, starting with our recruitment process. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of characteristics. We offer reasonable adjustments/accommodations to help all candidates to perform at their best. If you have a need for any adjustments/accommodations, please complete the section in the application form.AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.