Senior Business Partner - Medical IT
The Senior Business Partner will develop strategic relationships within the global Medical business across BBU / OBU, and identify ways for IT to partner with them in achieving and exceeding business objectives.
The Senior Business Partner will drive the development of the Medical domain roadmap, and maintain the collateral associated with this roadmap.
The role will combine their pharmaceutical industry experience, in-depth understanding of the business area direction, and IT expertise to drive the creation of innovative technology solutions aligned to business needs.
The role requires strong interpersonal skills to build enduring and empathetic relationships with Medical and IT stakeholders; excellent verbal and written communications; and the ability to influence through both formal and informal means.
- Build strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior stakeholders, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction.
- Assess and prioritise requirements in line with IT strategy
- Develop and maintain the Medical domain roadmap
- Collaborate actively across Commercial IT and enterprise IT functions, to ensure all activity is aligned to IT operating model
- Lead high-level investigations on requirements specifications and feasibility studies, developing a range of options aligned to business and IT strategy
- Lead business impact assessments, identifying risks and issues that may affect current and future business units and roles, and create business readiness plan
- Proactively identify opportunities for IT to deliver innovative technology solutions to provide competitive advantage
- Present and gain commitment to IT initiatives, using specialist knowledge to gain commitment to established or new IT services
- Work collaboratively with:
1. Business and IT leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to build their understanding of IT strategy, programmes and challenges
2. IT Strategy, Architecture, Portfolio Management and Project/Programme Management to agree the future shape of proposed solutions and initiate projects in partnership
Other customer area Business Relationship Managers to create alignment and identify cross-business innovative opportunities
3. Business analysts to management requirements and build business cases
4. Portfolio Managers and solution delivery leads to initiate projects, clearly define scope, and monitor the delivery of project value compared to the promised benefits
5. Customer Service function to ensure the IT services plans are established for the customer group and are operating effectively
Education, Qualifications, and Experience.
- Evidence of leading and developing innovative solutions
- A proven track record of delivering results
- Experience developing and managing product roadmaps
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare experience
- Experience of managing third party suppliers and have strong network and consulting skills
- Roadmap creation and ownership
- Medical domain experience
- Degree or relevant business qualification
- Involvement in pharma thought leadership networks and organisations
- Agile development methodologies
- Established network of IT and Medical stakeholders
Skills and Capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong influencing, networking, and team working skills
- Strong documentation and presentation of roadmap skills
- High level awareness of developments in the Information Technology marketplace
- Demonstrate strong relationship building skills with the ability to influence others to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in planning, change management and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly complex and strategic nature
- Proven ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
- Ability to manage negotiations, expectations and solutions across complex groups
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to partner and work in a matrix organization
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer.
AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
📌Strong English communication skills required.
📌 Positions are open to Mexican Citizens and official residents of Mexico.
📍 Location: Guadalajara (hybrid - Expectation of working in the office 3 days a week)
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working give us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.