Associate Director, HCP Marketing - TROP2
The Associate Director, HCP Oncology Marketing, TROP2 Antibody drug conjugates will develop the core US marketing launch plans and drive a robust US commercial strategy for one of our potential upcoming indications in lung cancer. These indications represent a significant opportunity in a complex and competitive environment.
You will play a critical role in shaping and designing our TROP2 ADC launch marketing plans, and in partnership with the Breast Cancer Francise. The position reports directly into US Head of Marketing and work closely with our alliance partner, and in close partnership with the broader breast cancer marketing teams.
The role will require effective collaboration with the Sales, Field Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Medical Affairs, Sales Training, Nurse Education, and Market Access teams.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Assessing market potential, identifying risks and opportunities, outlining requirements for market success and prioritization of the launch plans.
- Lead and collaborate effectively with key cross-functional partners and manage both internal and external stakeholders to develop robust market-shaping activities for launch success.
- Identify new capabilities that will be essential for future success and develop a strategic plan to integrate these capabilities into the business.
- Lead execution of the US HCP strategy and collaborate in the development and implementation of the strategy and operational plans with cross-functional partners (e.g. Field Marketing, Insights and Analytics, Access, Medical, Sales, Training, Regulatory, Corporate Affairs)
- Identify new capabilities that will be required for launch success and build plans to integrate into the organization
- Engage with the Global marketing team to ensure alignment, influence and share findings across markets
- Collaborate with peer indication leads for lung cancer and breast cancer to ensure strategic alignment and execution across the AZ oncology portfolio
- Work with Insights and Analytics and Customer Disease Strategy teams to gather market insights, monitor competitive landscape, and provide input into forecasting
- Develop brand strategic plans and priorities for assigned indication(s) with key market shaping activities to ensure brand launch success
- Develops and delivers key brand presentations and provide input into business reviews to leadership
- Work with internal and external partners to define success metrics and analyze performance of marketing programs on an ongoing basis, ensure plans are optimized as needed to improve impact, and develop recommendations for future plans based on resulting measures
- Lead the annual operational planning process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to achieve the brand’s stated objectives
- Lead partner agency relationships, workflow, and related expense budgets
Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5+ years proven experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Prior in-line or equivalent HCP marketing experience
- New product planning or equivalent marketing experience
- Experience building and integrating new capabilities that are relevant for launch success
- Available to travel up to 30%
- Oncology experience – lung and/or breast cancer highly preferred
- Understanding of U.S. Oncology landscape including Community oncology and Hospital oncology dynamics, GPOs, Payer landscape, Specialty Pharmacy stakeholders
- In-depth Marketing experience (developing brand strategy, performing positioning, messaging, segmentation, targeting, managing ad agency, providing direction on annual budget planning)
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient marketing)
- Launch, management, and customer-facing experience
- Experience working in commercial alliance/partnership’ environment.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Effective communication and cross functional collaboration skills
- Driven to be proactive, strategic and innovative
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
- Adapt to changing dynamics in a competitive marketplace with agility and effectiveness
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- Possess strong business insight skills, as role is responsible for managing multiple program budgets, timelines, process and procedures
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions.
That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, we are fundamentally changing the way cancer is treated through innovation. Our pipeline is one of the deepest and broadest in the industry, with cutting-edge science and life-changing medicines to work on today and in the future. We believe in co-creation, harnessing our diverse strengths and sharing best practice to build the future of our business and industry, together. Our growing pipeline coupled with our big ambitions gives us the chance to stand on the side of progress. We play a key role in advancing our area as we work towards being the global leaders in the Oncology space.
Ready to make your mark on the healthcare ecosystem? Apply now to join our team!
Closing DateOur mission is to build an inclusive and equitable environment. We want people to feel they belong at AstraZeneca and Alexion, starting with our recruitment process. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of characteristics. We offer reasonable adjustments/accommodations to help all candidates to perform at their best. If you have a need for any adjustments/accommodations, please complete the section in the application form.AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.