Operations Director ( Processing, Packaging, Engineering , Warehouse, & Supply Chain)
Maintaining compliance within licenses to operate
- ( cGMP, SHE,ABAC, EI, business as in and FCF controls within His/her area)
- Code of Ethics adherence
- Compliance framework adherence
- SHE requirements and audit findings follow up
- FCF compliance findings and follow up
- CGMP compliance findings and follow up.
Deliver operational performance.
- Ensure capability and capacity in place to meet demand
- Lead 0-24 month supply planning
- Define and maintain the input/control process
- Closely monitor delegated responsibilities for the execution of lean/ digital KPIs including lead time, and quality indicators, productivity, flexibility, OEE, and others as needed.
- Ensure staffing levels, and capabilities within are in place to meet 0-24 month demand.
- Being proactive and reactive in solving/identifying issues that impact performance
- Create and maintain a culture which focuses on quality products and drives continuous improvement in process and people
- Promote continuous improvement
- Ensure improvement plans are in place and evidence of execution and use of appropriate Lean tools and core Lean principles.
- Accountability for appropriate management of all aspects of change
- Engage in community of excellence activities to share and receive best practices
- Contribute to site leadership strategy and decision making
- Collaborate with other functions in the site for the benefit of AZ
- Participate in site decision making and strategic planning
- Ensure the area maintains effective relationships with upstream /downstream stakeholders
- Active attendance of Supply meetings with SNP & Demand teams. Collaboration with the Marketing Company to maintain medium and long term supply and planning info.
- Attending the Regional packaging network &others as needed.
- Coach and develop professional aspects of all area members
- Function, and individual performance plans in place
- Development plans in place and actively managed for all members
- Skills requirements and training plans to close gaps in place
- People leadership capabilities/responsibilities effectively executed.
- Drive success through team shared objectives
- Academic / Professional qualification: Bachelor degree in pharmaceutical sciences (according to local Regulations).
- Working experience: minimum 10 years experience in Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Solid understanding of Lean concepts, principles and tools as applied to the business as a whole including manufacturing
- Solid understanding of Pharmaceutical supply chain, processes and GxP requirements
- Business planning, budget creation and management
- Understanding of SHE standards and the impact of change on SHE.
- Understanding of the IT environment as applied to the PET areas of control
- Understanding of Engineering maintenance Standards
- Ability to influence without authority across functional boundaries
- Thinks conceptually and understands the impact of events and change on the full picture
- Ability to make decisions on less than perfect information
- Has credibility with people at all levels from shop floor to VP.
- Highly developed problem solving skills both qualitative and intuitive
- Ability to assess risks and balance against benefits
- Excellent communicator
- Personal resilience and emotional stability
- Ability to effectively challenge the status quo at all levels
- Demonstrate good understanding for AZ values.
- Leads by example
- Sees self as a member of a team carrying out the leader role, not the ‘boss’
- Adaptive style to suit the situation
- Cultural sensitivity
- Acts with integrity at all times Is prepared to take calculated risks to make step change
- Walks the Talk – is visible
- Ability to set clear, consistent and stretching goals and plans
- Acts a role model for change – positive
Is passionate about the business and its future and can instil this in the team
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.