Job Title - Logistics Coordinator.
Career Level - C
Location: Chennai, India
Introduction to Role:
Join us as a Logistics Coordinator in our Operations department, where you'll play a pivotal role in coordinating and executing the planning activities associated with transportation, warehousing, inventory levels, materials handling, order administration and communication networks. This role is integral to managing the inventory levels at AstraZeneca and third-party distribution centers, ensuring superior service to our customers.
As a Logistics Coordinator, you'll maintain strong relationships with intra-company supply sites, internal distribution centers and third-party logistic providers. You'll be responsible for coordinating and executing stock replenishment activities, managing inventory levels, and handling deviations/CAPAs, temperature excursions, change controls, internal and external distribution complaints. You'll also be involved in data analysis of finished goods inventory, managing the AZ sample inventory supply chain, and maintaining Route Risk Assessments (RRAs) for secondary channels of distribution.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales, Logistics, Management Science or a minimum 2-5 years’ experience in logistics
- Good working knowledge of distribution processes and supply chain models
- Experience in managing customer relationships within a distribution environment for a business to business and direct to patient supply model
- Previous experience of customer order creation and management
- Knowledge of inventory practices and fulfillment processes
- Proficiency in computer skills required including hands-on working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, SAP including SAP APO.
- Possess strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, communication both written and oral, the ability to effectively interact with all levels within an organization and external stakeholders.
- Candidates should be willing to work in European time zone"
- Experience in various aspects of pharmaceutical operations, supply and manufacturing, customer products distribution.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve desired business results.
- Prior experience in an analytical role working with complex data sets.
- Demonstrate ability to translate complex data into good information
- Knowledge of analytical databased or BI systems
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Distribution Practice systems.
- Familiar with Lean leadership principles and methods
At AstraZeneca, we are driven by the challenge to stay ahead in rapidly changing markets. We continuously seek new and better ways to deliver medicines all the way to our patients. Our resilience helps us to thrive as we innovate and evolve. We foster an encouraging, positive environment where ideas are welcomed and rewarded. We are a diverse team of experts connected across the globe interpreting the science and applying manufacturing excellence. If you enjoy working on a complex variety of activities in a dynamic environment with complex, technical projects, then this is the place for you.
Ready to make a big impact? Apply now to join our team and contribute to life-changing medicines!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.