Global Medical Affairs Leader, Immunology
Introduction to role:
Join our industry-leading BioPharmaceuticals team as a Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) in Immunology. This strategic role offers the unique opportunity to combine your medical expertise with insights from markets, healthcare professionals, patients, and health systems to develop and execute world-class medical strategies for AstraZeneca medicines. As a key member of the Global Medical Team (GMT), you will act as a strategic partner and leader across the medical enterprise, R&D, and commercial functions.
Your responsibilities will include delivering prerequisites for an outstanding product launch, creating and communicating world-class medical content, identifying new opportunities to drive market growth, shaping evidence needs and clinical studies, driving an ambitious external engagement agenda, and collaborating cross-functionally to drive the delivery of strategically important medical resources.
• Masters degree with 3-5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry (Medical, Marketing, R&D, Market access roles), or experience working within in a relevant health system setting (clinical, pharmacy, pathway design etc.).
• Demonstration of strategic and medical leadership prowess pre- and post- product launch, including ability to define evidence needs, create compelling scientific narratives & strategy, influence & mobilize others.
• Doctoral level degree: MD, PhD, or PharmD
• Expertise in the relevant or related TA
• Experience of delivering results in a complex environment
• Experience launching new products or indications
• Strong working relationships with global clinical thought leaders, professional societies, and other healthcare industries/organizations
• Proven ability to build internal and external networks and to collaborate
• Evidence generation experience—working on clinical trials or real-world evidence programs
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, you'll be at the forefront of shaping the future of Healthcare. Our BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit is growing rapidly in areas such as Respiratory, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, moving into Immunology and Renal. We are proud of our growth because of the huge potential to create impact as well as our ability to address the unmet needs of more patients than ever with co-morbidities. We provide medical leadership across the whole product lifecycle - from advising on Research & Development investment decisions, to leading pre-launch scientific efforts and accelerating evidence-based healthcare changes in the real world. This is a place for strong communicators who bring new ideas to the table then make them a reality.
Ready to make an impact on patients with our leading pipeline? Apply now!
Closing Date12-Mar-2024Our mission is to build an inclusive and equitable environment. We want people to feel they belong at AstraZeneca and Alexion, starting with our recruitment process. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of characteristics. We offer reasonable adjustments/accommodations to help all candidates to perform at their best. If you have a need for any adjustments/accommodations, please complete the section in the application form.AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.