📌Positions are open to Mexican Citizens and official residents of Mexico.
📍Location: Guadalajara (hybrid)
📌Strong English interpersonal skills required
About the AstraZeneca
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused pharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At Astra Zeneca, we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to work!
As a Payroll Analyst, you'll perform activities related to payroll processing for our US population. Additionally, you will serve as a payroll subject matter expert across HR and ensure operational excellence in payroll and time management systems and processes. As part of the US Payroll Team, you will be responsible for accurate, timely, and compliant payroll for approximately 18,000 employees in multiple legal entities in all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico in three different payroll frequencies, including bi-weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly frequencies.
• Perform appropriate audit controls to ensure payroll is processed accurately.
• Respond to payroll ticket escalations, including employee-level inquiries and questions regarding federal. State. And local taxes.
• Research and resolve employee pay issues, including analysing non-exempt/hourly employee timesheets to reconcile and respond to employee inquiries.
• Translate business payroll requests into mass upload templates of payroll input, submit them to the payroll vendor for processing, ensure prompt processing, and validate accurate processing via auditing procedures.
• Ensure payroll vendor receives all garnishment orders in a timely manner, reconcile garnishments sent against vendor reports.
• Perform overpayment recovery process and apply appropriate federal and state regulations as required to ensure compliance.
• Support special projects as directed. Conduct ad hoc analyses as applicable. Provide support for critical HR initiatives as needed.
• Review and approve system updates impacting tax reporting and withholdings.
• Research and resolve any payroll tax issues, including responding to employee tax inquiries.
• Keep apprised of changes in federal, state, and local payroll tax requirements.
• Ensure accurate taxation of all earnings and deductions.
• Answer internal and external questions related to tax withholdings, W2s, tax elections.
• Verify that all hours and other data have been accurately input and submit the information to Payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
• Review time reports, prepare discrepancy reports, and follow up with team leaders on missing information.
• Provide procedural advice and responses on Payroll and Time and Attendance (T&A) issues to inquiries from team members and managers in a timely and courteous manner.
• Provide training to new team members on the use of the Time and Attendance (T&A) systems.
• Ensure local managers at locations have full understanding of timekeeping system.
• Degree or equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including use of pivot tables and v-lookups
• Fluent English
• FCP or CPP payroll certifications preferred.
• Experience with Workday Payroll and/or HCM preferred.
Expectation of working in the office 3 days a week statement
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we ignite ambitious thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working give us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn’t mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility.
Join us in our outstanding and bold world!!!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.