Senior Administrative Coordinator, LDO Clinical Operations
Senior Administrative Coordinator, Late Development Oncology Clinical Operations
Introduction to role:
Are you passionate about executive administration? Do you want to apply your expertise in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life-changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca is the place for you!
We are a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases and we are looking to add a Senior Administrative Coordinator to join our outstanding Oncology team! The Oncology team has an ambition to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. It’s our big vision that unites and inspires us.
As Senior Administrative Coordinator, you will coordinate internal and external meetings, ensuring they run smoothly. This includes scheduling meeting times, making travel arrangements, and ensuring that various meeting amenities are available. This role requires a high level of independence and the ability to meet requirements with minimal supervision. You will also be responsible for extensive calendar management, end-to-end multi-location domestic and international travel arrangements, processing expense reports, attending project team meetings, preparing meeting agendas, planning full logistics of team off-site and virtual events, and managing AstraZeneca systems, processes, and tools to support employee onboarding and offboarding.
- A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience
- H.S. diploma required; college degree preferred
- Broad administrative assistant experience and project management support experience
- Experience of working within a complex global organization
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced PC skills and ability, including Microsoft office and other industry applications, e.g. SharePoint, Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- With an eye for detail, manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively
- Forward-looking, results-oriented, focused/proactive problem solver
- Works well independently, as well as in a team setting
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Keen understanding of professional and diplomatic interpersonal skills
- Possesses general knowledge of working globally within a variety of cultures
- Personal Qualities: Outgoing, collaborative, self -starter, ambitious, energetic, independent worker, ability to prioritize effectively, organized, wanting to make a difference and, a great people person.
- Customer Service: Can do, positive attitude with proactive and forward thinking when providing first class support.
- Excellent communication Skills: Ability to communicate within the team and senior leaders effectively.
- Flexibility: Ability to adjust as needed to workplace and leader requirements, maintaining visible presence in office.
- Technical Skills: Excellent knowledge of various computer programs, especially MS Office Outlook, Skype, and computer knowledge to troubleshoot problems.
- Detail-Orientation/ Organization skills: Ability to manage duties and tasks at the detailed level and anticipating what will be needed.
- Independent Worker: Ability to complete assigned tasks using creative thinking to solve problems if confronted with a challenge.
- Great Teammate: Willing to work with a team of global coordinators to provide consistent service to the whole late development oncology team
When we put unexpected teams in the same room, we unleash bold thinking with the power to inspire life-changing medicines. In-person working gives us the platform we need to connect, work at pace and challenge perceptions. That’s why we work, on average, a minimum of three days per week from the office. But that doesn't mean we’re not flexible. We balance the expectation of being in the office while respecting individual flexibility. Join us in our unique and ambitious world.
At AstraZeneca, we are united in our vision to eliminate cancer as a cause of death. We are pioneers, making bold moves that transform the way cancer is treated and truly improve patient outcomes. With one of the broadest and deepest Oncology pipelines in the industry, there are many opportunities to work with new and novel drugs and help discover what's next. We foster an attitude of courage, where everyone is empowered to step up, innovate and work at pace. We lead through true collaboration, building collective wisdom by giving everyone a chance to input. It's science with an impact-making a difference for patients and people around the world.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today!
Closing DateOur mission is to build an inclusive and equitable environment. We want people to feel they belong at AstraZeneca and Alexion, starting with our recruitment process. We welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of characteristics. We offer reasonable adjustments/accommodations to help all candidates to perform at their best. If you have a need for any adjustments/accommodations, please complete the section in the application form.AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.