Sr Tech- Biorepository
In this role, you will report to the Biorepository Supervisor, Non-Clinical Operations and will work closely with Avantor’s Clinical Services professionals to serve our customers by performing customized, mission-based lab and research services that help return time back to science.
What we’re looking for :
Education: HS diploma/GED required. College Degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of experience in a life sciences industry. Diagnostics or Central lab/CRO and/or document management experience is a plus.
· Must be able to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities to meet all requirements of a Technician – Biorepository.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams.
· Proficient in use of database software.
· Comprehensive knowledge of GXP regulations.
· Comprehensive knowledge of archiving procedures.
· Comprehensive knowledge of archiving tools, equipment, and instruments as they relate to Data Management.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (effective business English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar).
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to balance and coordinate workload for multiple projects.
· Ability to consistently serve as a reliable resource to the Non-Clinical Team and other internal partners.
· Ability to work autonomously and act as a central point of contact for all assigned Work Request types and/or temporary job assignments.
· Available for offsite projects / travel
How you will thrive and create an impact:
We offer a full range of clinical trial services that cover every step, from discovery to delivery. Our portfolio of custom kitting, equipment and ancillary solutions, and biorepository and archiving services stands at the ready - to serve any trial, of any size, anywhere in the world. In this role you will:
· Sort and inventory research material, which may include, but is not limited to: wet tissues, blocks, slides, paper data, and/or temperature sensitive material.
· Perform actual archiving procedures necessary for the completion of assigned projects.
· Be responsible for the processing of Work Requests and special projects meeting applicable regulatory and SOP compliance.
· Keep the Lead – Biorepository informed of day-to-day progress, including irregularities and deviations from the normal
· Stay abreast of standard operating procedures to evaluate and recommend improvements, resources, and training which will improve the operations and quality of the Archives.
· Serve as a reliable resource and subject matter expert to your team and internal partners.
· Serve as a resource for the training in the safe use of facility equipment, operation of software and processing techniques to your team and internal partners.
· Demonstrate organizational awareness of how functional teams work together in the daily course of operations.
· Demonstrate ability to consistently meet established production targets with quality, as well as manage complex assignments over time.
· Demonstrate ability to work autonomously and act as a central point of contact for all assigned Work Request types and/or temporary job assignments.
· Demonstrate ability to work at remote client sites from time to time to complete temporary job assignments.
· Demonstrate ability to participate and contribute to internal special projects as assigned.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead - Biorepository or appropriate supervisory personnel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Dare to go further in your career. Join our global team of 14,000+ associates whose passion for discovery and determination to overcome challenges relentlessly advances life-changing science.
The work we do changes people's lives for the better. It brings new patient treatments and therapies to market, giving a cancer survivor the chance to walk his daughter down the aisle. It enables medical devices that help a little boy hear his mom's voice for the first time. Outcomes such as these create unlimited opportunities for you to contribute your talents, learn new skills and grow your career at Avantor.
We are committed to helping you on this journey through our diverse, equitable and inclusive culture which includes learning experiences to support your career growth and success. At Avantor, dare to go further and see how the impact of your contributions set science in motion to create a better world. Apply today!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.