Customer Relationship Manager (M/F/D)
Avantor is looking for a proactive Customer Relationship Manager to take ownership of a portfolio of international accounts within our clinical trials projects.
The Customer Relationship Manager will be responsible for coordinating clinical budget and related pricing strategy services for the purpose of executing a clinical trial or ancillary services agreements.
This role will be a hybrid position based out of our Chorley site. The ideal candidate will have strong commercial skills, outstanding communication, and influential skills along with strong passion for the Clinical Trials industry.
The successful Customer Relationship Manager will execute various projects, influence, and provide innovative ideas to our Head of Customer Management and the rest of the team. If you are passionate about the Clinical Trials market, possess a solid business acumen and want to be part of a team that solves the world’s most complex challenges – let’s talk!
The Customer Relationship Manager will be part of a wider Team of 18 Customer Relations Managers that work closely with customers to understand their study needs and contribute to the smooth delivery of equipment and services.
What we’re looking for
- Education: Bachelor`s degree preferred but not essential
- Experience: At least 3 years experience in a Customer Facing or Account Management role, preferably business to business (B2B)
- Previous experience managing large scale customer projects and their operational requirements
- Analytical & reporting skills
- Ability to work and collaborate with senior leadership across a variety of functions
- Collaboration tool: MS Office programs in particular Excel & Word
How you will thrive and create an impact
- Work in a heavily SLA driven environment, you will be managing all the data and communication related to the allocated clinical trial project, setting up milestones and overseeing their deliverables across multiple and often international locations.
- Work with internal colleagues co-ordinating customer activities to ensure equipment and services are delivered in a timely manner
- Manage Customer Relationships to guarantee excellent service delivery and generate repeat business
- Coordinates Customer Contracts and Clinical budgets to maximise potential and revenue
- Provide clear and meaningful customer reporting
- Create quotations for existing customers
- Attend Customer and Study calls as required
- Ensures alignment of customer needs and business objectives
- Resolves Customer Complaints/Escalations
- Increases business by offering new services or products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Dare to go further in your career. Join our global team of 14,000+ associates whose passion for discovery and determination to overcome challenges relentlessly advances life-changing science.
The work we do changes people's lives for the better. It brings new patient treatments and therapies to market, giving a cancer survivor the chance to walk his daughter down the aisle. It enables medical devices that help a little boy hear his mom's voice for the first time. Outcomes such as these create unlimited opportunities for you to contribute your talents, learn new skills and grow your career at Avantor.
We are committed to helping you on this journey through our diverse, equitable and inclusive culture which includes learning experiences to support your career growth and success. At Avantor, dare to go further and see how the impact of your contributions set science in motion to create a better world. Apply today!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role.
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.