Manager, Customer Service
Job Description Summary
We are the makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means learning and working alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. You will have the opportunity to help shape the trajectory of BD while leaving a legacy at the same time.
To find purpose in the possibilities, we need people who can see the bigger picture, who understand the human story that underpins everything we do. We welcome people with the imagination and drive to help us reinvent the future of health. At BD, you’ll discover a culture in which you can learn, grow and thrive.
And find satisfaction in doing your part to make the world a better place.
Become a maker of possible with us!
Position title: Job Group: Manager Customer Service
Job function: Supply Chain Management
Reports to: Supply Chain Director, South Asia
• Plan, coordinate and control the activities of India Customer Service team to meet organizational and operational objectives.
- Deliver operational and transactional processing services to the various entities and business units in accordance to the Service Level Agreement.
• Interact with the SCM (Planning, Logistics and Operations) and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure customer service strategy is implemented at country level and standardized across all BUs.
- Implement continuous improvement, process simplification and automation to transactions, as and when needed.
- Develop best practices and process harmonization in order management in line with changing Customer Service landscape while ensuring that BD continues to be customer-focused.
- Monitor and measure service metrics and publish regular MIS to relevant stakeholders.
- Comply with relevant Regulatory, Quality and Audit requirements as needed.
II. Key Responsibilities
- Lead Order Management operations, namely order processing, pricing validation, backorder management, discrepancy management and service/contract billings, with additional processes to be included as required.
- Lead and manage the Master Data operations, namely processing, validation and discrepancy management for Customer and Material Master.
- Maintain good working relationships with distributors/end customers and internal stakeholders.
- Lead and participate in projects to devise and coordinate strategies on supply chain architecture, standardize policies, procedures and processes across programs and operational units.
- Review and analyze business processes, procedures, and systems to identify risks and priorities for Supply Chain continuous improvement. This includes benchmarking exercises.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA) are up to date.
- Recruit, train, develop and manage a process-driven team to achieve organisation objectives. Ensure organization metrics and deliverables are met through fair work allocation, consistenct throughput and meeting quality requirements.
- Ensure a safe, healthy and harmonious workplace by observing Company’s rules and procedures. Comply with BD’s Ethics guidelines and Code of Conduct.
- Timely submission of order management documents and reports as needed for Regulatory, Quality and Audit purposes.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration or related discipline
- Experience leading cross functional teams and driving consensus in decision making.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years in Order Management/SCM, with 2 to 4 years in a managerial capacity and 2 to 3 years in shared services environment
- Experience working with metrics and performance indicators for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to progress efforts through strong Leadership and Influencing skills is also important.
- Ability to lead / manage multiple initiatives simultaneously is vital.
- Experience in project management and leading a team through organizational change
VI. Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong initiative with minimal supervision. Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluency in English will be considered an asset
- Conflict management and problem solving mindset
- Knowledge of end to end Supply Chain knowledge and processes with in-depth
knowledge of business process on Order Management and Master Data.
- Highly customer and business oriented
- Highly adaptive and able to work under pressure
- Strong knowledge of SAP, JDE, PC Applications and Sharepoint Design
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
Click on apply if this sounds like you!
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
To learn more about BD visit: https://bd.com/careers