Senior Design Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2024
Job Description Summary
- The R&D Senior Engineer will be a key contributor on a R&D team within BD- Specimen Management. The individual in this position will have a complete understanding of a wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts. He/She provides solutions that are imaginative, thorough and practical to a wide range of complex problems.
- Works under general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Contributes to a project of considerable significance or leads smaller scope projects.
- Supports material/design/process changes to the product line through design control process, with well documented research/analyses. Demonstrates accountability for successful and timely completion of designated tasks.
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems using sound engineering principles, utilizing experimental, computational and analytical methods.
- Designs and develops in vivo and in vitro models to evaluate product features and improvements.
- Applies innovative & logical risk based approach to product development challenges with the capacity for original thinking. Develops robust test methods, design test fixtures and execute measurement system analysis.
- Ensures compliance with BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through appropriate communication, training and education of sound quality assurance principles.
- Plans, executes and analyzes design of experiments (DOE).
- Writes implements and leads bench studies, tolerance stack up analysis, design verification, validation, vendor interactions, materials specifications and component specifications.
- Performs data analysis using statistical tools, regression analyses and develop transfer functions.
- Collects, records, reports, interprets and analyzes data, presents results to peers and business leadership.
- Provides advanced engineering skills and product evaluation support to the platform toward building business cases for new opportunities.