Production Tech 1
Production Tech 1
Location: Hazelwood, MO, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Manufacturing
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
Low-cost medical, dental, and vision benefits starting day one
11 paid holidays
160 hours of paid time off
9.5% 401k company contribution with no vesting period
Tuition reimbursement up to $10000 per calendar year
Onsite cafeteria with daily food stipend
Starting pay is $17-19/hr. depending upon experience. Shift differential pay for nights and weekends.
The operation of high speed equipment used in the production and packaging of VITEK 2 cards in a cGMP environment.
Perform or assist in setup, operation, inspection, maintenance, troubleshooting and cleaning equipment.
Responsible for completing production batches and corresponding documentation, AQL inspections, reworks, and material reconciliation.
Contribute to building a positive work environment.
4. Provide assistance with the review and revision of Manufacturing Directions and SOPs necessary for the manufacture and packaging of product.
5. Certified in operation of at least one high speed manufacturing equipment efficiently and effectively, in some cases highly automated, using HMI/SCADA interfaces.
6. Engage in cage movement, maintain product segregation, retrieve and organize raw materials, and ability to learn fork truck operation.
7. Follow appropriate departmental cleaning procedures to ensure adequate cleaning of the manufacturing areas.
8. Setup high speed manufacturing equipment, within defined tolerances, to ensure product runs are started on time and within established guidelines.
9. Comply with all safety policies and procedures at all times.
10. Appropriately use PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) as required to perform routine and non-routine duties.
11. Maintain all work areas in a well-organized, clean and tidy manner at all times in compliance with cGMP requirements.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
2. 1-2 years’ experience in FDA regulated manufacturing environment and GMP is desired.
5. Attention to detail and the ability to accurately interpret technical documentation are critical.
6. Ability to perform computer applications including learning and performing SAP transactions.
7. Ability to routinely lift 20-50 pounds.
8. Ability to stand for 8-12 hours.
9. Ability to work overtime as required to cover a 24/7 operation.
10. Extensive standing, repetitive hand and arm motions, ability to climb steps.
11. Lifting (up to 50Lbs) and moving containers of cartons, tubes, and printed materials.
12. Must be able to push a wheeled cage that can weigh up to 600 lbs fully loaded.
13. Operating within cool temperature and low humidity conditions within the production room. Constant noise is common due to the operation of the air-dry chamber, taping and pouching equipment.
15. Appropriate gowning requirements necessary for the production areas. Gloves are required to handle the product. Hairnet, clean room gowns and/or lab coats are required. Safety glasses and hearing protection are required personal protective gear.
16. Occasional environmental odors may be prevalent.
Please be aware that recruitment related scams are on the rise. Fraudulent job postings are being placed on other websites, and individuals posing as bioMérieux Talent Acquisition team members are reaching out via email or text message in an attempt to collect your personal and confidential information. In some cases, these scammers are also conducting bogus interviews prior to extending fraudulent offers of employment. Beware of individuals reaching out using general phone numbers and non-bioMerieux email domains (i.e. Hotmail.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc.). If you are concerned that an interview experience or offer of employment might be a scam, please make sure you are searching for the posting on our careers site https://careers.biomerieux.com/ or contact us at [email protected].
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).