Materials Handler I
Materials Handler I
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Position Type: Unfixed Term
Job Function: Supply Chain
A family-owned company, bioMérieux has grown to become a world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics. For almost 60 years and across the world, we have imagined and developed innovative diagnostics solutions to improve public health. Today, our teams are spread across 44 countries and serve 160 countries with the support of a large distribution network. This includes our SLC site, formerly known as BioFire Diagnostics.
- Check incoming deliveries to make sure all ordered material meets quality standards.
- Receive, quantify, and store incoming material with warehouse equipment from various delivery sources.
- Monitor inventory levels and suggest new orders when needed.
- Document orders, materials, and any stock movements.
- For Reagent teams, break down, clean, organize, and prep raw material ready for manufacturing in accordance with procedure and production requirements.
- Perform related transactions, bin maintenance, and maintain shelving for the stocking of material.
- Perform real time daily replenishment of material in a “Just in Time” manner to support internal customers.
- Process all deliveries to ensure material transactions occur for all departmental activities.
- Ensure high level of accuracy with logging, labeling, tracking, and entering material lot information into Warehouse Management software.
- Aid in the identification and movement of non-conforming material.
- Follow all general OSHA Safety Guidelines for warehouses.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exemplify professionalism and collaborative interpersonal communication with internal and external customers.
- Ensure continuous compliance with applicable training including but not limited to Work Instruction Documents.
- Demonstrate high level awareness of safety protocol within work environment.
- In the event a job function requires the use of a company vehicle, a valid Driver’s License is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Will work experience be accepted in lieu of a degree? Yes
- If yes, number of years of experience accepted in lieu of degree and type: 4 years of relevant warehouse experience.
- This is an entry-level role. No previous experience is required, however, inventory, warehouse, shipping and/or, receiving experience is preferred.
- Materials handling experience within the medical device industry, including working with the FDA regarding control of materials for instruments and chemistry, preferred.
- High level of accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in all job duties.
- An understanding of all warehouse functions.
- Ability to proficiently use MS Office Suite and internal software.
- Excellent communication skills.
Please be aware that recruitment related scams are on the rise. Fraudulent job postings are being placed on other websites, and individuals posing as bioMérieux Talent Acquisition team members are reaching out via email or text message in an attempt to collect your personal and confidential information. In some cases, these scammers are also conducting bogus interviews prior to extending fraudulent offers of employment. Beware of individuals reaching out using general phone numbers and non-bioMerieux email domains (i.e. Hotmail.com, Gmail.com, Yahoo.com, etc.). If you are concerned that an interview experience or offer of employment might be a scam, please make sure you are searching for the posting on our careers site https://careers.biomerieux.com/ or contact us at [email protected].
BioMérieux Inc. and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Please be advised that the receipt of satisfactory responses to reference requests and the provision of satisfactory proof of an applicant’s identity and legal authorization to work in the United States are required of all new hires. Any misrepresentation, falsification, or material omission may result in the failure to receive an offer, the retraction of an offer, or if already hired, dismissal. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation in BioMérieux’s or its affiliates’ application process by contacting us via telephone at (385) 770-1132, by email at [email protected], or by dialing 711 for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS).