Senior Director* Genomics Research
Become a member of the BioNTech Family!
As a part of our team of more than 5.000 pioneers, you will play a key role in developing solutions for some of the most crucial scientific challenges of our age. Within less than a year, we were able to develop our COVID-19 mRNA vaccine following the highest scientific and ethical standards – writing medical history.
We aim to reduce the suffering of people with life-changing therapies by harnessing the potential of the immune system to develop novel therapies against cancer and infectious diseases. While doing so, we are guided by our three company values: united, innovative, passionate. Get in touch with us if you are looking to be a part of creating hope for a healthy future in many people's lives.
Senior Director* Genomics Research
Within this leadership role, you will lead and develop BioNTech´s Genomics Research Team and establish subteam structures to setup the team for delivering new NGS based technologies and their validation for use in clinical trials, R&D projects and to offer in house services for sequencing-based assays. By becoming one of our key-pioneers you will be able to bring your experience and vision to individual cancer vaccine development and shape the future by developing innovative approaches.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Lead our Genomics Research team and maintain and extend networks within the global organization with relevant stakeholders for NGS based assays (R&D teams, Translational Science, Project Management, etc.)
- Guide development, validation and technology transfers of NGS based assays in close collaboration with laboratory teams and project management
- Build sustainable team and subteam structures to suit growing demands for Genomics based assays in research and clinical development
- Continuous screening of new developments in the field of NGS technologies, both instrumentation and sample preparation workflow and maintaining a strong network with vendors for early access opportunities
- Provide cross-functional Genomics subject matter expertise to support global research projects as well as clinical development
- Expand a first-class genomics group benefiting patients and research projects by continuously developing more affordable, innovative and robust approaches
- Partner with computational biologists and statisticians to achieve quick turnaround data analysis of R&D projects and establishing robust workflows for clinical routine
What you have to offer.
- PhD in molecular biology, computational biology, genetics or a related field, with 5+ years directly related industry experience working with multiple genomics technologies and applications
- Demonstrated ability to hire, lead and manage a technical team of scientists and lab specialists
- In-depth knowledge in the application of genomic technologies to clinical testing and diagnoses, preferably in the field of immune-oncology and/or individualized cancer vaccines
- Solid experience working with cross-functional scientific and clinical teams in a matrix environment and in collaboration with external partners
- Experience in filing of regulatory documents as well as interacting with health authorities
- Strong communicational presentation and organizational skills
- Quick comprehension and effective problem-solving skills, high personal commitment in a fast-paced environment
Benefits for you:
- Flexible Working Time
- Mobile Office
- Work from EU Countries (up to 20 days per year)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Bike
- Leave Account
- Fitness Courses
... and much more.
Have we kindled your pioneering spirit?
Then apply now for our location Mainz Goldgrube and simply send us your application documents using our online form.
If you have any further questions, our Talent Acquisition Team will be happy to answer them on + 49 (0) 6131-9084-1291 (monday-friday, from 12 noon to 4 pm).
Job-ID 6513 (please indicate for inquiries)
We look forward to your application!
*BioNTech does not tolerate discrimination, favoritism, or harassment based on gender, political opinion, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or social origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, physical appearance, health status or any other aspect of personal status. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Most important – it’s a match!
BioNTech - As unique as you