Manager, Supply Chain Planning
ABOUT THE NEST
The nest is a place where every role has meaning, every team member is respected, and every day is a chance to fly higher. When you join bluebird bio, you're not just landing a new gig, you become part of a flock that's pursuing curative gene therapies to give patients and their families more bluebird days. We are doers, thinkers and collaborators who embrace and live by our values:
- Persist for Purpose
- Be Compassionate
- Stay humble and curious
- Keep it real
- Celebrate (sm)all wins
Our innovation is rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the integration of multiple viewpoints. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Our Patient Supply team is seeking an end-to-end planner with broad clinical and commercial supply planning expertise to help build and grow our supply planning processes and capabilities. You will lead end-to-end planning for commercial programs and support Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes. Our Planning team is all about working collaboratively and building efficiencies across our organization.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
You'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Performing and supporting various supply scenario analyses and assessments to validate business requirements and supply capabilities based on forecasted demand. Proactively identifying and managing supply risks associated with meeting inventory targets and develop contingency plans around risks as needed.
- Producing and coordinating the execution of production plans and schedules across a global network of manufacturing facilities.
- Facilitating prioritization and coordination of schedules with cross-functional stakeholders internally and externally.
- Supporting the development and management of Long Range Planning supply strategies.
- Managing inventory discrepancy and reconciliation. Inventory replenishment across CMO.
- Supporting the development of processes, procedures, and reporting for Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and Integrated Business Planning (IBP) processes.
- Supporting the definition of requirements and processes for the implementation of production planning and capacity management functionality in our Enterprise Resource Planning System (Oracle).
- Owning and driving change controls, change actions, deviations, investigations and CAPAs to implement changes.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (advanced degree preferred)
- 6+ years in a related supply chain/planning/manufacturing role
- Experienced in biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- APICS CPIM or CSCP Certification preferred
- Expertise in use of MS Excel, MS Power BI, Oracle Fusion, and other applications
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Agility to quickly adjust and navigate shifting priorities, demands, timelines and get used to dynamic environments
Location: Somerville, MA (hybrid)
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a total compensation and rewards package that ranks among the best in our industry. Base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The anticipated annualized salary range for this role is $110,000 - $155,000. Your base pay will be determined based on several factors including market data, demonstrated skills, relevant education or training, experience, qualifications, internal equity, and travel requirements. Our overall package also includes eligibility for stock, incentive bonuses, and benefit programs, a flexible time off program, as well as paid holidays, bluebird days, and a holiday shutdown in December.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.