Sr Analyst, IT Client Services - Virtual Desktop
What IT Client Services contributes to Cardinal Health
Information Technology oversees the effective development, delivery, and operation of computing and information services. This function anticipates, plans, and delivers Information Technology solutions and strategies that enable operations and drive business value.
IT Client Services provides Tier 1-3 virtual and physical support to the organization's end users for software, hardware, conference room technology and meeting support, warehouse technology, server, network, and enterprise systems issues. Frequently responding to escalated issues from the IT Service Center family, this job family resolves user requests through discussions with users and coordination with internal and external resources, and provides education and trainings to users to facilitate knowledge transfer and prevent problem reoccurrence. IT Client Services also maintains ownership for certain end user productivity platforms and capabilities, such as virtual environments and collaboration toolsets, and addresses service outages. This job family acquires, installs and upgrades PC components and software, while also performing asset management for software and hardware.
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Share knowledge and insights with colleagues and clients to enhance the overall expertise of the team and ensure clients can effectively utilize their cloud resources.
- Demonstrate the capability to perform duties with limited supervision.
- Provide troubleshooting and Windows end-user support.
- Resolve tier 2 and 3 tasks/incidents with precision.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps to aid in issue resolution and knowledge sharing.
- Participate in 24x7 rotating shifts, including on-call support, and potentially in Hypercare Support, ensuring uninterrupted service. (Hypercare Support involves intensified support during critical periods.)
- Contribute to report preparation and distribution, particularly for Amazon WorkSpaces and Citrix health checks.
- Possess a solid understanding of various cloud platforms, including Amazon WorkSpaces (AWS), Citrix, and Win365, to effectively manage and support cloud environments.
- Exhibit proficiency in scripting and automation using commonly used scripting languages and automation tools.
- Display strong customer service and communication skills as essential attributes.
- Expertise in Windows Operating System support and strong troubleshooting skills.
- 3-5 years of experience in supporting Virtual/Cloud environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 support for desktop applications.
- Familiarity with Windows applications support, Citrix administration, and Amazon WorkSpaces.
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and Active Directory.
- Strong communication skills are required.
Optional/Nice to Have Requirements:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft 365 Cloud PC, and Citrix certifications: (e.g., Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator, Citrix Certified Associate). These certifications are optional but highly beneficial as they demonstrate expertise in the respective technologies and can enhance the candidate's qualifications.
- Primary Technology:
- Amazon WorkSpaces: This refers to Amazon WorkSpaces is a cloud-based desktop-as-a-service (DaaS) offering provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Citrix: Citrix is a virtualization and application delivery platform that enables remote access to applications and desktops.
- Win365/Cloud PC: Win365/Cloud PC involves Windows 365 and Cloud PC virtual desktops, which offer cloud-based Windows computing solutions.
- Microsoft 365 Desktop application: This includes the suite of Microsoft Office applications and desktop software used for productivity.
- Secondary Technology:
- ServiceNow: ServiceNow is a service management and ticketing tool used for streamlined IT service operations.
- Jira: Jira is an issue and project tracking tool that helps manage tasks and projects efficiently.
- ControlUp Management Console: ControlUp Management Console is used for monitoring and managing virtual environments, ensuring optimal performance and resource utilization.
Minimum Years’ Experience: 3-5 years
Preferred Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in IT or any IT related field or equivalent work experience.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here