Coordinator, Individualized Care
What Individualized Care contributes to Cardinal Health
Clinical Operations is responsible for providing clinical specialties support and expertise in the areas of advice and consulting, research and patient care to internal business units and external customers.
Individualized Care provides care that is planned to meet the particular needs of an individual patient.
The Coordinator, Individualized Care supports patient access to therapy through Reimbursement Support Services in accordance with the program business rules. This role is responsible for guiding the patient through the various process steps of their patient journey to therapy. These steps include patient referral intake, investigating all patient health insurance benefits, and proactively following up with various partners including the insurance payers, specialty pharmacies, support organizations, and the patient/physician to facilitate coverage and dispense of product in a timely manner. The Coordinator, Individualized mediates effective resolution for complex payer/pharmacy issues toward a positive outcome and provides a positive patient experience. This role answers inbound questions and provides customer service and technical expertise to parties.
- Maintains a current and in-depth understanding of patient therapy’s, prior approval and reimbursement processes and details of health care plans.
- Manages a queue of technical or complex therapy and reimbursement questions from customers and applies judgment in resolving service and problems falling within established limits of authority and knowledge.
- Meets key performance indicators including service levels, call volumes, adherence and quality standards.
- Follows up with patients, pharmacies, physicians and other support organizations as needed regarding inquiries.
- Handles sensitive information and personal data with discretion including prescriptions, personal information, date of birth, financials and insurance information.
- Escalates highly complex and difficult issues as needed to senior team members and Individualize Care leadership.
- 1-3 years of experience, preferred
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience, preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete standard tasks
- Works on routine assignments that require basic problem resolution
- Refers to policies and past practices for guidance
- Receives general direction on standard work; receives detailed instruction on new assignments
- Consults with supervisor or senior peers on complex and unusual problems
TRAINING AND WORK SCHEDULES: Your new hire training will take place 8:00am-5:00pm CST, mandatory on camera attendance is required.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our shift schedules during our normal business hours of Monday-Friday, 7:00am- 7:00pm CST.
REMOTE DETAILS: You will work remotely, full-time. It will require a dedicated, quiet, private, distraction free environment with access to high-speed internet. We will provide you with the computer, technology and equipment needed to successfully perform your job. You will be responsible for providing high-speed internet. Internet requirements include the following:
Maintain a secure, high-speed, broadband internet connection (DSL, Cable, or Fiber) at the remote location. Dial-up, satellite, WIFI, Cellular connections are NOT acceptable.
- Download speed of 15Mbps (megabyte per second)
- Upload speed of 5Mbps (megabyte per second)
- Ping Rate Maximum of 30ms (milliseconds)
- Hardwired to the router
- Surge protector with Network Line Protection for CAH issued equipment
Anticipated hourly range: $17.80 per hour - $21 per hour
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401k savings plan
- Access to wages before pay day with myFlexPay
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 4/8/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here