Manager, Strategic Sourcing Global Products
What Strategic Sourcing - Global Products contributes to Cardinal Health
Global Procurement is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Develops and executes strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation.
Strategic Sourcing Global Products is responsible for managing a portfolio of Cardinal Brand products, raw materials, spend and suppliers. Development and execution of global sourcing strategies to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives.
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing Global Products leads the development and execution of the strategic plans by clearly understanding the spend and stakeholder landscape, leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through end-to-end category management bringing the best available value through assurance of supply, quality, service levels, innovation and cost, achieved through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation.
- Leads the development of category strategies. Execution of global category to achieve best total value, sustainable productivity and high levels of quality and service aligned with business objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of plastic-based products utilized in support of the medical segment businesses, which include finished goods commercialized under a vendor brand or the Cardinal Health brand and/or as components for downstream manufacturing and kitting.
- Creates collaborative business plans with strategic suppliers, develops negotiation strategies, and directs the execution of strategic programs.
- Ensures all goods and services meet established standards and legal requirements. Addresses functional and commercial teams’ concerns/issues, requests, and questions and resolves within legal/tax and corporate guidelines.
- Plans, develops, and implements complex business strategies through the establishment of short/long-range objectives, change management, performance goals, and metrics for each spend category.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to champion enterprise wide cross-functional sourcing initiatives. Understands category specific details and Med Segment operational principles and produces analytics that contributes to the formation of budgets and effective P&L management by the business units supported. As appropriate, ensures close collaborations with Procurement Operations and related functions in the Americas, EMEA and APAC.
- Directs and executes budgetary cost reduction programs and initiatives that facilitate business owners achieving their business unit goals and financial targets. Assures the appropriate use of capital and financial resources. Generates analytics to support these positions.
- Directly manages complex negotiations with key suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and that have a direct correlation with Corporate operational needs and/or goals. Decision maker and subject matter expert for risk management allowances, terms/conditions, pricing; and collaborative partner for matters of product engineering, supply chain, quality & regulatory, transportation, and global trade.
- Manages the development of and adherence to policies/procedures to ensure goods and services are available to business units and collaborates closely with quality/regulatory and supply chain to ensure working practices are implemented that ensure sufficient inventory levels and/or supply chain availability to support all events to avoid negative budgetary/P&L impacts.
- Conducts industry specific research, benchmarking, financial and business analytics for long range pricing and buy rationalizations.
- Proactive leadership and management with cross-functional partners to effectively select suppliers, negotiate favorable contracts and manage supplier performance and relationships.
- Understand supplier portfolio risk profile and develop mitigation actions and plans.
- Collaborate with and influence business partners in a highly matrixed environment to optimize key supplier performance and innovation. Influence business decisions to enter/exit product lines, drive make/buy decisions and implement supply in optimizations.
- Facilitates Supplier Relationship Management through development and tracking of Key Performance Indicators for the category; establishes collaborative environment with key suppliers and business partners to optimize supplier performance and innovation.
- Perform data analysis and utilize financial acumen to identify opportunities to leverage scale and drive cost savings.
- Drives annual cost savings through effective strategies and negotiations. Cost savings should meet each year’s business financial needs.
- Global expertise in category including technical product knowledge, cost drivers, related industry dynamics and market trends.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience developing and delivering strategic sourcing strategies highly preferred, including budgetary management experience and/or P&L management experience.
- Prior sourcing or purchasing experience in plastic components / resin is highly preferred. Knowledge of injection molding process.
- Prior expertise with contract requirements to negotiate critical terms and conditions in line with category strategy preferred.
- Familiarity with manufacturing, quality and supply chain processes to support supplier selection and performance management highly preferred.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word, and familiarity with Tableau preferred.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating executive management meetings highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at various levels of expertise on a global landscape.
- Willing to travel at least 15% for business purposes (within country and internationally).
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, front line supervisors and/or business support staff.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals.
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines.
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes and customers.
- Interacts with subordinates, peers, customers, and suppliers at various management levels; may interact with senior management.
- Interactions normally involve resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects.
- Gains consensus from various parties involved.
Anticipated salary range: $102,000 -$152,985
Bonus eligible: Yes
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401k savings plan
- Access to wages before pay day with myFlexPay
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 04/08/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
#LI - Remote
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here