Warehouse Associate II
Shift: M-F 7:00 PM – 3:30 AM
Pay rate: $22.90
Bonus eligible: NO
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401k savings plan
- Access to wages before pay day with myFlexPay
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 3/4/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations is responsible for materials handling and product distribution in a distribution or manufacturing environment. Includes warehousing and fulfillment of materials and products, transportation, inventory management as well as demand, supply and manufacturing planning.
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of products. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
The Assoc II, Warehouse Ops assists on Inbound or Outbound activities as requested by the Warehouse Supervisor meeting quality, safety, productivity and operational standards. Inbound positions receive products into the facility and outbound ships products to customers.
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to process orders including accurately picking, performing quality control checks, sorting, consolidating freight, building, and wrapping pallets, packing, loading, and preparing orders for shipment.
- Pick large case items with material handling equipment or pick small unit of measure items and place on designated cart.
- Cross-train in multiple areas of the warehouse and participate in projects as needed.
- Utilize Warehouse Management System (WMS) to check in and/or send out products.
- Drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility may include order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider.
- Complete housekeeping and inventory control tasks and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Work on routine assignments that require problem resolution.
- Participate in associate meetings and communicate any concerns to management.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with OSHA standards and adhere to all policies, rules, regulations, and procedures set by the organization.
We are open to candidates with little to no warehouse experience. If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment you could be a great fit for our team. All training is provided starting your first day!
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for entire shift.
- Comfort working with heights 20-30 feet regularly.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- Previous material handling equipment experience (PIT) preferred.
- Radio frequency (RF) scanner and/or voice to pick experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to work overtime with little to no advance notice.
- Ability to follow direction and change priorities while working independently or as a member of a team.
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment while meeting hourly established performance standards.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment and rotate into various areas of the warehouse.
- Adhere to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes, and material handling equipment safety harness; accountable to Cardinal Health’s EHS as well as QRA policies and procedures.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here