We have a requirement for temporary General Operators on a 3 month fixed term contract on day shift.
The General Operator will perform day to day production duties in the manufacturing of medical device products to the required quality standards in compliance with all environmental, health and safety requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Carry out all production duties as required, for example, assembling or re-working product, screening product, packing product. The majority of work undertaken will take place in a clean-room environment.
- Ensure quality in all aspects of work by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Work Instructions (SWIs) and maintaining compliance with all quality requirements.
- Review own work to ensure quality standards are achieved while following cGMP.
- Complete records, documentation and training as required
- Consistently achieve targets as notified by the shift supervisor/team-leader
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe company culture by working within the company’s environmental, health and safety guidelines at all times and reporting any equipment or process problems to your supervisor
- Maintain site cleanliness through regular housekeeping and equipment cleaning.
- Adhere strictly to company policies and procedures as notified.
- Take an active role in 5S projects in your area and other continuous improvements as required.
- Identify process, equipment and documentation improvements where possible and take part in improvement projects as assigned
- Carry out additional duties that may be assigned to you.
- Leaving Certificate or equivalent qualification OR equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Understanding or experience of GMP environment and regulations preferred.
- Some experience of assembly preferably in the healthcare or electronics industry where precision placement and attention to detail is required is desirable
- Experience of working to targets or deadlines
- Commitment to continuous improvements with the initiative and ability to improve work processes
experience & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to take direction from Team Leader/Supervisor
- Motivated and enthusiastic individual.
- Experience of working as part of a team
- A demonstrated quality approach to work
- An excellent work ethic and good attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a sufficient level of spoken and written English to carry out the duties of the role
- Commitment to work within the ethos of the company business conduct guidelines.
- An excellent standard of attendance and timekeeping
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here