Warehouse Associate - 2nd Shift
Pay Rate: $21.40 per hour (Includes shift differential)
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401k savings plan
- Access to wages before pay day with myFlexPay
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 02/26/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
Work Schedule: Second Shift - Four 10-hour days from 2:00 PM to 12:30 AM or until the work is complete
Work Location: Cardinal Health, 9756 Heartland Court, Columbus, Ohio 43217
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
• Follow established process to fulfill orders. This includes accurately picking products, performing quality control checks, packing products, and preparing orders for shipment.
• Cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse and participating in projects as needed.
• Perform housekeeping and inventory control tasks and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Willingness to train and be certified to drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility includes order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider
We are open to candidates with little to no warehouse experience. If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment you could be a great fit for our team. All training is provided starting your first day!
• Ability to lift 30+ pounds preferred
• Comfort with heights up to 30 feet preferred
• Self-motivated with ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to follow direction and change priorities
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with technologies, like computers or point of sale systems, a plus
• Work schedules require you to have the ability to work overtime as necessary to ensure that all of the day’s work is complete
What is expected of you and others at this level
• Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
• Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
• Maintains appropriate licenses, training, and certifications
• Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
• Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
• Adheres to all quality guidelines
• Works under moderate degree of supervision
• Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
• Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
“We support our veterans and will work with you during your military to civilian transition.”
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here