Unique compounding pharmacy opportunity! Competitive wage, no calling insurance companies, no direct patient contact and we will provide specific paid on the job training.
- $1,500 new hire sign-on bonus offered
- 40 hours per week.
- Monday – Friday 1:00 am – 9:00 am
- Candidate must be flexible to work different days, schedules, come in early or stay late, hours or overtime based on business needs.
What Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective coordination of Cardinal Health's pharmacy operations that service acute care hospitals, hospital retail customers, ambulatory care and alternate site facilities, oncology and cardiology practices as well as retail customers.
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines; may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy. Licensed.
The primary purpose of the Technician I, Nuclear Pharmacy is to assist the pharmacist and Technician, II in pharmacy operations and customer interactions, including answering questions and relaying information to physicians and pharmacists. As a trainee, the Technician I, Nuclear Pharmacy is involved in learning all basic aspects of facility and equipment preparation, including cleaning, inventory management and how to perform and record all tasks as mandated by law. As part of operating in a nuclear pharmacy, this job assists in performing quality checks, functional testing, and participating in the dispensing process. In addition, this job assists in order preparation, entry and fulfillment as well as completing ad hoc tasks, as required.
Under the immediate direction of a qualified licensed Staff Pharmacist, you will be trained to draw, dispense, and package radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with the regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy. Many of your duties will include:
- Prepares prescriptions by typing labels and obtain Staff Pharmacist approval
- Draws doses into either a syringe or vial
- Performs quality assurance tests on instruments and radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with Federal, State, Company and manufacturer's guidelines
- Receives, documents, and stores incoming and outgoing pharmaceuticals according to the Department of Transportation and Company guidelines
- Maintains computer inventory and records to ensure proper utilization of materials and accounting for Rx drugs
- Assists and/or perform in the labeling of blood cell products
- Performs general laboratory and facility clean up
- May perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance of daily records, preparation of receipts, report preparation, and maintenance of billing records
- Makes deliveries to accounts with company vehicles as needed
- Speaks with customers and address questions and/or concerns via telephone
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy. Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 0-1 years of experience preferred
- Registration with the State Board of Pharmacy, licensure as a Pharmacy Technician or PTCB preferred
- Must become PTCB within 1 year of hire preferred
- Experience as a Pharmacy Technician preferred
- Past IV experience is a plus
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Minimum of 18 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reach, lifting and holding of small objects
- Demonstrated manual dexterity to dispense doses
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 75 pounds
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks
- Comfortable working in a nuclear environment
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation
- Ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice
- Intermediate computer skills (ability to use computers and tablets)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision
- All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
Pay rate: $18.50 per hour
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid time off plan
- Health savings account (HSA)
- 401k savings plan
- Access to wages before pay day with myFlexPay
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Work-Life resources
- Paid parental leave
- Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 03/03/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here