What Pharmacy Services & Delivery contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for the prompt and accurate delivery and distribution of radiopharmaceuticals or oncology pharmaceuticals to medical care providers in accordance with customer demand and requirements of the assigned route. Prepares doses for shipment, prepares cases, wipes doses, and loads and unloads containers in keeping with the prescribed safety standards and Department of Transportation (DOT).
This position is benefit eligible the first day of employment. This includes medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, education assistance, 401K and more!
Sign on Bonus
- Now offering a $1000 new hire sign-on bonus!!
- 40 hours a week. Work schedule is typically 7:00a to 3:00p. Must be able to fill in early schedule when needed. For example when someone is on vacation etc.. Candidate may be required to work different days, hours, and schedules based on business needs.
Anticipated hourly range: $15/ per hour
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
Medical, dental,vision coverage
Paid time off plan
Health savings account (HSA)
401k savings plan
Access to wages before pay day with my FlexPay
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Short- and long-term disability coverage
Paid parental leave
Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 3/11/24 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
- Prepares and makes deliveries to customer accounts on assigned route using a company vehicle (non-cdl)
- Packages radiopharmaceutical medication for shipment, performs testing, and loads/unloads containers
- Uses a handheld tablet to scan customer orders for accuracy, obtain route stop information and navigation
- Processes packages returned from customer locations
- Maintains vehicles in proper working condition and may perform minor roadside repairs
- Performs general facility cleaning and other duties as required
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have a good driving record
- Minimum of 18 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Prior delivery driving experience a plus
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 75 pounds
- Comfortable driving in all weather conditions during day or night hours
- Ability to sit, stand, be mobile and operate a vehicle for extended periods of time
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation required
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation required
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation required
- Flexibility to work various shifts or overtime as needed
- Ability to use computers and tablets
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
- Provides timely and accurate completion of deliveries to Cardinal Health customers while using the most safe and efficient delivery routes.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of process and systems that support product delivery including but not limited to technology assisted packaging system (Isotrac) and the route optimization tablet.
- Assists in packing doses for shipment, preparing cases, wiping doses, and loading and unloading containers in keeping with prescribed safety standards and DOT (Department of Transportation) regulations.
- Verifies accuracy of labeling on outgoing shipments.
- Prepares receipts for products delivered to Cardinal Health customers.
- Handles and disposes of waste and used materials in keeping with prescribed safety standards.
- Maintains vehicles in proper working condition and performs minor roadside repairs.
- Performs general pharmacy and facility clean up.
- Makes deliveries to customer accounts using a company vehicle. Deliveries occur during both nighttime and daytime conditions and in all weather types
- Maintains accurate log books and vehicle inspection records.
- Participates in all required training including but not limited to: biohazard waste handling, blood-borne pathogens, security awareness, dosimetry, radiation safety, contamination testing, HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), fall prevention, ergonomic safety, safe driving procedures, route optimization, etc.
- Performs any other duties as required to ensure a safe and efficient pharmacy operation.
We support our veterans and will work with you during your military to civilian transition.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here