Inventory Associate (1st Shift)
Schedule: Monday-Friday from 5:30am-2:00pm & Saturday 5:30am to 9:30am (1 weekday will be a 4 hour shift)
Onsite at UNMC
Pay rate: $19.00
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Cardinal Health offers a wide variety of benefits and programs to support health and well-being.
Medical, dental and vision coverage
Paid time off plan
Health savings account (HSA)
401k savings plan
Access to wages before pay day with myFlexPay
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Short- and long-term disability coverage
Paid parental leave
Healthy lifestyle programs
Application window anticipated to close: 3/3/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
What Materials Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Materials Management is responsible for the management of material inventory levels to ensure that raw material components and manufactured products are available when needed to satisfy the plant and customer requirements. Responsibilities include the planning and procurement of material components to minimize obsolescence and overstock situations while achieving maximum customer service levels.
This person will transport medical products throughout hospital to designated assigned areas. Refill product in correct room and product location inside of room by using either Pyxis or CIMs technology to refill product. Performing bin maintenance, FIFO, Expiration, Adds/Deletes, patient charge recognition.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a retail, inventory or related customer-facing position preferred
- Good analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills for accurate documentation and reporting.
- Ability to multi-task and define priorities.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service by anticipating and addressing customer needs.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
- Perform the daily inventory and replenishment process of medical and surgical supplies throughout Nebraska Medicine to assigned stations.
- Receives incoming medical supply orders from the warehouse by verifying shipments with receiving reports, posts.
- Utilizes Pyxis and CIMs technology to refill product and perform inventory functions
- Maintaining stock locations (inventory rotation, product expiration audits, product recalls, organization, and cleanliness)
- Recognizes and maintains the necessity for high priority action when stock levels are too low or unsatisfactory quality.
- Maintain strong collaboration with clinical nurse managers, logistics staff and nursing staff.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and push or pull approximately 200 pounds
- Flexibility to work overtime without notice
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training, and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here