PRN Hospital Pharmacy Technician
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Pharmacy Operations is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective coordination of Cardinal Health's pharmacy operations that service acute care hospitals, hospital retail customers, ambulatory care and alternate site facilities, oncology and cardiology practices as well as retail customers.
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
Cardinal Health manages the pharmacy at MLK Jr. Community Hospital. We are currently recruiting for a PRN Pharmacy Technician to work as needed approximately 2-3 days a week. Must have availability for coverage of all shift times - weekends and weekdays, daytime and evening/overnight hours included. Shift times are 10 hours each.
The Technician II, Health Systems Pharmacy provides assistance to the Pharmacist in the daily operations of the pharmacy. Activities include the preparation of and filling of prescriptions, taking pharmacy inventory and processing product returns. The Technician II, Health Systems Pharmacy ensures that all orders are reviewed by a registered pharmacist and records all activity in compliance with regulatory and company guidelines. This job frequently communicates with customers to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment of all orders.
- Assists pharmacists in filling prescription orders as permitted by State Boards of Pharmacy.
- Prepares medication for dispensing, packaging and shipment.
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out of date items from the inventory.
- Enters medical supply orders in pharmacy system.
- Communicates with all customers (patients, clinics, care-givers, physicians) in an amicable and professional manner.
- Processes returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction.
- Inputs patient data and prescription information into the pharmacy information management system.
- Maintains knowledge of and abides by all applicable pharmacy laws and regulations.
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- State Pharmacy Technician license/registration required
- National pharmacy technician certification if applicable
- IV experience preferred
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Flexibility in working schedule
- Ability to work in a group
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is required
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time; Ability to focus on tasks; Ability to evaluate operating conditions; Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Anticipated hourly range: $19.90 per hour - $28.40 per hour
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Paid time off in compliance with applicable laws
Application window anticipated to close: 03/02/2024 *if interested in opportunity, please submit application as soon as possible.
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here