Charles River Laboratories International
Ballina, IE, F26D786
For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
Profile and Requirements
Reporting to the Associate Director, the Facilities Manager will be responsible for delivery of assigned functions to Plan and Manage Equipment, Facilities, Projects, Calibration and Validation services for the Site.
The Facilities Manager will be responsible in ensuring general management of all Facilities and Systems/Equipment matters relating to the day-to-day operation of the site in compliance with appropriate local, regulatory, statutory and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIIES:
Internal Customer / Stakeholder Management
• Support the overall delivery of Facilities Management operations in terms of; M&E services, contract delivery, legislative compliance, contractor management calibration and validation.
• Deliver excellent customer service to meet site expectations and demands.
• Build and develop effective relationships with key stakeholders &/or customers and be comfortable working across all levels.
• Provide engineering/technical/validation expertise and ensure efficient management and operation for facilities functions.
• Work cross-functionally to identify and resolve technical and organisational facilities and systems/equipment issues which may impact the efficient running of the site.
• Direct the development of and ensure compliance with all quality systems, department policies, practices and procedures (SOPs, safety procedures and quality system protocols) including all external Regulatory Bodies.
• Energy Management: Overall responsibility to manage electricity, gas, diesel/kerosene, water, waste water and waste from a budgetary and regulatory standpoint. Track, trend and analyse utility data.
• Overall responsibility for all plant, equipment, utilities, security, building services, and facility services.
• Responsible for the Management of the Document Archive Dept
• Provide engineering analysis and oversight for scheduled preventative maintenance system.
• Oversee daily operational activities and supervise a group of employees. Ensure optimum group performance through key performance indicators (KPI’s) and ensure all reporting staff understand their roles and responsibilities.
• In conjunction with HR, determine appropriate staff levels, schedules and resources. Responsible for management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, disciplinary, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
• Oversee team \ group training manual (policies and procedures) and training records.
• Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the BCP (Business Continuity Plan)
• Ensure regular liaison and reporting to Corporate Engineering, FM, Security, EHS and other Depts. where necessary and appropriate.
• Participate as a member of the Health & Safety Committee for the Company and process\Review GOFs where appropriate.
• Active participation in Site Management meetings and work with colleagues to ensure successful outcomes on shared projects and objectives.
• Work with QA and other stakeholders to ensure that new equipment & Systems are handed over to each department in a complete and validated state.
• Ability to Design, Plan, and Execute Capital or other designated Projects, to scope on time & within budget.
Procurement & Vendor Management
• Work with the Procurement and Supply Chain Managers in the Management of relevant vendors to deliver services on time and within budget.
• Responsible for all aspects of new building procurements including; planning, design, tenders, construction, equipment and validation.
• Achieve Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreement targets.
• Ensure that all contracts are professionally delivered at the right cost and in line with CRL Code of Ethics
• Monitor expiry of contracts and initiate re-procurement if needed.
• Continually assess contracts to ensure best value delivered to CRL.
• Ensure that the site budgets meet targets and financial control requirements.
• Assist and monitor financial processes to ensure accounts payable procedures are followed at all times.
• Assist in development of department and project budgets and capital budget for the Site on an annual basis. Also provide input into the strategic plan as required.
• Review budgets on a regular basis. Monitor spending to ensure that department and project budgets are achieved.
• An understanding of basic technical aspects of property (HVAC, Computer Room Air-conditioning, Chiller system, Fire Protection system, Mechanical & Electrical system, BMS system), manufacturing and laboratory equipment.
• Knowledge of GMP Equipment Validation standards
• Knowledge of critical facilities systems
• Knowledge of vendor management for specialized services
• Knowledge of European health and occupational safety requirements
About Biologics Testing Solutions
With more than 50 years of experience and proven regulatory expertise, the Charles River Biologics group can address challenging projects for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. Offering a variety of services such as contamination and impurity testing, protein characterzation, bioassays, viral clearance studies and stability and lot release programs, we support clients throughout the biologic development cycle, from the establishment and characterization of cell banks through preclinical and clinical studies to marketed products. Whether clients need stand-alone services, a unique package of testing, or insourced support, our Biologics group can create a custom solution to suit their needs. Each year more than 20,000 biologic testing reports are sent each and over 200 licenses products are supported by our biologics testing solutions team.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
At Charles River Laboratories, we recognize and recruit all talent. We are a company committed to the principle of diversity and inclusion and work daily in this direction.