Corporate Intellectual Property Paralegal
Based in Parma, Italy, Chiesi is an international research-focused pharmaceutical and healthcare group with over 85 years’ experience, operating in 30 countries with more than 6,000 employees (Chiesi Group). To achieve its mission of improving people’s quality of life by acting responsibly towards society and the environment, the Group researches, develops and markets innovative drugs in its main therapeutic areas: Discover more here
We are proud to to have been awarded with B Corp Certification, a recognition of high social and environmental standards. We are a reliable company that adopts and promotes a transparent and ethical behavior at all levels.
We believe that the success of Chiesi is built and shaped by our people and our strong set of shared Values and Behaviors. Our people make a critical difference to our success, which is why it is vital that we attract and retain the right talent who will continue to enrich our culture by living and breathing our values and behaviors.
We are committed to embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. In fact, we are a global family made up of different cultures, different genders, generations, ethnicities, abilities, sexual identities and many other enriching diversities.
Reporting directly to the Paralegal Lead, the Corporate Intellectual Property Paralegal will have primary responsibility for monitoring and supporting all prosecutions related to IP portfolios.
The person will be involved in paralegal activities for both patents and trademarks.
- Ensure the quality of the support to attorneys throughout the process of IP prosecution, including management of deadlines, accuracy of formal documents/forms and timely maintenance of information in the database used to manage IP rights.
- Support IP Attorneys with their daily IP prosecution, corresponding with outside counsels to ensure that all formalities are timely completed
- Monitor group mailboxes for reporting emails and instructions
- Docket internal and statutory deadlines related to prosecution and maintenance
- Prepare all formalities including collection of signatures for assignments, declarations, powers of attorney with additional notarization and legalization
- Prepare patent status reports upon request.
At least 5 years of experience in house or in private practice in worldwide patent and trademark prosecution
Diploma or Bachelor's Degree
Fluent in both spoken and written English
Knowledge of an IP Management docketing system, preferably CPI
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Team working
- Goal orientation
What we offer
You would join a dynamic, fast-growing, challenging and friendly environment.
In Chiesi we firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset, that is why we invest in continuous training, learning and development. Therefore, we strive to continuously promote and satisfy development needs, paying particular attention to the quality of our working environment and to collective well-being.
We want our people to come to work happy every day, and we know how important it is to find the right work-life balance in order to be able to give our best. That is why we offer flexible working approach, remote working, support in the relocation process, tax assistance service for foreign colleagues and many other people-care services.