Seeds Platform Analyst
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
The Biotech Strategy & Portfolio team is a part of the Digital Seeds group in Farming Solutions & Digital (FS&D). The team connects across the R&D organization, working with collaborators in Biotechnology, Seed Product Development and Regulatory & Stewardship. Currently, each organization has one Domain and at least one Project Analyst dedicated to individual efforts. The successful candidate for this position will work closely with those existing Analysts and be responsible for managing projects that span across or between the three different platforms (domains).
We are seeking an innovative, detail-driven, and personable individual to join the team as a Seeds Platform Analyst. While this position will report into the Biotechnology Strategy & Portfolio team, this position will interact closely and collaborate with Seed Product Development and Regulatory & Stewardship Strategy & Portfolio teams, including research data systems, projects, and with a variety of development teams addressing multiple complex research problems for Corteva R&D.
Responsibilities – What you will do:
- Partner with FS&D Strategy and Portfolio teams and key stakeholders across R&D to understand and communicate program/project specifications, delivery timelines and risks associated with several high profile, multi-year projects
- Collaborate with domain architects, domain analysts, and research portfolio leads to create strategic and tactical plans for research systems and/or solutions
- Drive the creation of comprehensive project component specifications in partnership with Software Engineering, Data Science, and Data Engineering development teams
- Execute on the program vision and implement strategies to create maximum business impact
- Monitor program project components from initiation through delivery, communicating proactively with all R&D collaborators
- Identify risks and issues, make recommendations for mitigation and drive to resolution
- Communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences in a clear and concise manner
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Demonstrated and extensive experience as a business analyst, project manager and/or project lead engaging with agile teams
- Experience in completing project valuations and/or portfolio analysis
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and business partners
- Confident communicator with the ability to articulate messages in small to medium sized groups
- Experience in strategy development and strategic leadership in R&D or business environment
- Ability to manage conflicts and approach negotiations in a diplomatic but confident manner
- Degree in plant science, chemistry, biology, information management, computer science or related fields or experience in R&D domains especially related to plant science, plant breeding and/or genetics
- Understanding of data generation, data management, software development best practices, and systems development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience gathering requirements and problem-solving for complex interconnected processes that cross multiple stakeholder group and technologies
- Ability to dive in and quickly build knowledge and relationships in new areas of the company
- Ability to balance tactical program/project decisions with strategic R&D subfunction goals and objectives
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.