Specialty Crop Agronomist
Corteva Agriscience has an opportunity for a Specialty Crop Agronomist! In this exciting role, your scientific knowledge and deep understanding of agronomy will make you an invaluable asset to our Crop Protection Field Science Team based in Woodland, CA. As an integral member of the team, your responsibilities will include providing crucial support to project leaders in executing crop protection trials, as well as offering expert consultation to the local agronomy team on specialty crop agronomy. Your extensive experience in specialty crops, including brassicas, leafy vegetables, cole crops, fruiting vegetables, trees, and vines, will be put to excellent use here. By joining us at Corteva Agriscience, Woodland Station, you will not only contribute to the growth and success of our team but also enhance your own professional development.
Responsibilities: What You Will Do:
- Supporting specialty crop project managers and the local agronomy team to ensure the proper utilization of all agronomic practices (i.e. recommendations for pest management, field preparation, planting, irrigation, and harvest).
- Supporting specialty crop project managers in crop protection trial management (i.e. plot spraying, assessments, data input, etc.).
- Scout crops frequently and report on insect, weed, plant health, and irrigation needs.
- Train and oversee intern and work crews that are completing tasks.
- Participate in all agronomy and planning meetings, acting as a vocal consultant to scientists and agronomy team.
- Draft and implement standard operating procedures for specialty crops.
- Mix and apply chemicals as needed.
- Operate farm equipment on-site.
- Maintain required safety programs.
Requirements: What You Have:
- Minimum of BS degree in Crop Science, Agronomy, Plant Sciences or related field of study or 5+ years of direct experience in a similar role.
- California PCA license, or ability to obtain as soon as possible.
- Experience with implementation of applied agricultural field trials preferred.
- Agronomic experience in California specialty crops highly desired.
- High proficiency in reading, writing, and fluent in English.
- No VISA sponsorship.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.