Sr. Data Scientist
Are you interested in making a real-world impact? Are you passionate about leading and applying the latest data science techniques in new and effective ways to inform agriculture decisions around the globe?
We are seeking a Sr. Data Scientist within our global Data Science team to work on a multitude of impactful challenges related to farming, in close collaboration with visionary crop scientists, agronomists, plant breeders, crop protection scientists, molecular biologists, data scientists, data engineers and software developers, to accelerate science driven innovations at Corteva.
Responsibilities – What you will do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Join and engage with a highly collaborative team focused on delivering state-of-the-art analytics solutions to farming related problems at the intersection of genotype x management x environment.
- Explore the solution space from a first principles perspective. Ask deep questions prior to problem solving to ensure clarity in data maturity and value proposition.
- Identify and test relevant hypothesis via quick prototyping and frequent stakeholder feedback. Iterate as needed with focus on delivering end solutions/products that will add tangible value for Corteva.
- Either develop a new data science pipeline or contribute to an existing pipeline in concordance with standard coding practices. Deliver solutions with emphasis on both analytical performance and computational efficiency.
- Communicate findings with stakeholders to improve business decisions and/or influence strategic direction.
Qualifications – What you will bring?
- Strong history of independent scientific problem solving, from hypothesis generation to construction and deployment of appropriate analytics to interpretation and presentation of the results for others.
- A track record of continual skill development in analytical methods and deployment platforms, through consultation of the current literature and engagement with the data science community
- Demonstrated experience using machine learning, deep learning, statistical methodology, and simulation/optimization modeling in geospatial, network topography, recommendation-systems, environmental systems and/or agronomic problems.
- Strong foundation in Python/R/C++ programming in a cloud environment.
- Practical knowledge and experience with cloud-computing systems and platforms, including the routine deployment of pipelines through Kubernetes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work as both part of a working team or as a project leader
- Ph.D., M.S. or B.S. in Computer Science, Computational Physics, Operations Research, Geospatial Sciences, Remote Sensing Science, Environmental Sciences, Computational Astronomy or related scientific discipline.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.