Office Manager/ Government Affairs Coordinator
Corteva Agriscience is the only major agriscience company in the world completely dedicated to agriculture. Our purpose is to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generation to come. Our inspiration is to be a market shaper, driving the next generation of agriculture products that help farms and farmers flourish and through partnering with society becoming the most trusted partner in the global agriculture and food community.
With a global footprint and over 21,000 employees, Corteva is building the future of agriculture and leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
At Corteva Agriscience, you help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Government and Industry Affairs Coordinator/Office Manager to join our company at our Washington, DC location.
As a Government and Industry Affairs (GIA) Coordinator/Office Manager, you will use your experience and skills to perform complex duties and activities to best support the Government and Industry Affairs organization. We offer a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where collaboration, resourcefulness and flexibility are of the utmost importance.
What You’ll Do:
- Invoice Management:
- Manage the intake and processing of all Corporate and Community Investment invoices throughout the year (global scope), including reconciliation against yearly plans, gathering necessary approvals, and preparing tax reporting.
- Office Management:
- Provide day-to-day logistical support for Washington DC office, including office space and supply management, travel arrangements, event planning, executive administrative assistance, and team inbox support.
- Project & Vendor Management:
- Lead administration of key GIA projects and initiatives, including overseeing online systems (grantmaking, invoicing, volunteering), managing the grant application reviews process, and establishing/maintaining effective relationships with key support vendors globally.
- Compliance and Assurance:
- Manage processes to ensure compliance and alignment with IRS standards and tax reporting requirements.
- Communication Execution:
- Support design and implementation of communication needs for the GIA organization, including budget allocation messaging, liaison messaging with vendors, and broader internal communications with key stakeholders.
What You Need:
- High school diploma required (BA degree or equivalent experience preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years administrative, project management, or office management experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Proficient experience with the Microsoft office suite of technologies (Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, etc.).
- Previous ag experience a plus.
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships across audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail; ability to prioritize and execute on competing activities.
- Ethical mindset and ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Comfort with technology and aptitude for continuous learning in computer skills and applications.
- Ability to research, problem solve, and make recommendations for solutions and improvements.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to understand data and drive a compelling story.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage uncertainty and operate in a changing environment; a quick, agile learner.
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed.
Benefits – How We’ll Support You:
- Numerous development opportunities offered to build your skills
- Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
- Health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- Four weeks of paid time off and two weeks of well-being pay per year, plus paid holidays
- Excellent parental leave which includes a minimum of 16 weeks for mother and father
- Future planning with our competitive retirement savings plan and tuition reimbursement program
- Learn more about our total rewards package here – Corteva Benefits
- Check out life at Corteva! www.linkedin.com/company/corteva/life
Are you a good match? Apply today! We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.