Help us change lives
At Exact Sciences, we’re helping change how the world prevents, detects and guides treatment for cancer. We give patients and clinicians the clarity needed to make confident decisions when they matter most. Join our team to find a purpose-driven career, an inclusive culture, and robust benefits to support your life while you’re working to help others.
The Financial Analyst will contribute to FP&A activities supporting the Business Units and Enabling Functions at Exact Sciences. This position will work closely with business partners to develop annual operating plans and quarterly forecasts, review, and manage operating expenses, and conduct ad hoc business analysis to support company initiatives. Additionally, this position will perform variance analysis and prepare financial reporting related to month-end close, as well as model the financial impact of business scenarios.
This is a hybrid role, based out of our Madison, WI office.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist to drive the monthly, quarterly, and annual cycles for financial forecasting and reporting for the Business Units and Enabling Functions including analysis and management reporting.
- Provide financial support to business functions on operating expense budgets and forecasts, including identifying and explaining variances and communicating issues or opportunities.
- Perform business analysis to understand trends and business issues and risk/opportunities for all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure expenses are appropriately accounted for during month-end close.
- Serve as a resource to resolve Accounting/Finance related issues.
- Create new, evaluate existing, and develop more efficient financial reports.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement within FP&A team; drive efficiencies and integrate best practices to all financial planning and analysis processes.
- Engage in ad hoc financial modeling and reporting.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new assignments as they are identified.
- Comfortably interact with upper management and work with the appropriate business partner to answer questions or fulfill requests.
- Collaborate effectively as an active and contributing member of the FP&A team.
- Highly motivated self-starter with strong analytical, interpersonal, professional, and time management skills.
- Ability to work and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of the organization.
- Strong critical thinking ability as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in accomplishing tasks.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a designated schedule.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field.
- 2+ years of progressive financial related experience.
- 2+ years of experience and working with financial planning (budgeting/forecasting) and ERP systems.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; especially Excel.
- Strong knowledge of the financial accounting process, GAAP, and financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Masters of Business Administration.
- Prior experience with financial models and financial data retrieval.
- Prior experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or healthcare industries.
- Prior experience working with SAP, SQL, Tableau.
- Prior experience working with operations finance, cost of goods, activity-based costing.
Salary Range:$67,000.00 - $109,000.00
The annual base salary shown is for this position located in US - WI - Madison on a full-time basis. In addition, this position is bonus eligible, and is eligible to receive company stock upon hire as well as annually.
Exact Sciences is proud to offer an employee experience that includes paid time off (including days for vacation, holidays, volunteering, and personal time), paid leave for parents and caregivers, a retirement savings plan, wellness support, and health benefits including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage. Learn more about our benefits.
Our success relies on the experiences and perspectives of a diverse team, and Exact Sciences fosters a culture where all employees can develop personally and professionally with a sense of respect and belonging. If you require an accommodation, email email@example.com. We’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Not ready to apply? Join our talent community and stay up to date on what’s new at Exact Sciences.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Any applicant or employee may request to view applicable portions of the company’s affirmative action program.
To view the Right to Work, E-Verify Employer, and Pay Transparency notices and Federal, Federal Contractor, and State employment law posters, visit our compliance hub. The documents summarize important details of the law and provide key points that you have a right to know.