Senior Digital Architect, Information Security (AI/ML)
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
We are in search of a highly skilled Security Architect with a specialized focus on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). As a key member of our Global Information Security Team, you will be responsible for identifying and mitigating security risks associated with our AI and ML initiatives. Your role will involve developing robust security frameworks and strategies to protect our advanced AI and ML systems from evolving threats. This position requires a unique blend of AI knowledge, cybersecurity expertise, and a deep understanding of the specific security challenges posed by AI/ML technologies. If you are passionate about bridging the gap between cutting-edge AI/ML developments and cybersecurity, we invite you to apply.
We ask our employees to be able to work independently and be result driven. But at Genmab we ask more … we ask to be part of a team that has a passion for her work and knows exactly why we are doing what we are doing. We know that our colleagues around us have the same passion and are all driven to make this company a better company. We also know that we work better as a team and are willing to take acceptable risks when required. If you are passionate about cutting edge artificial intelligence advancements and thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment, we would love to have you onboard.
- Reports to Principal Security Officer - US
- Global Head of IT Security & Risk Management
- Principal Security Officer – DK, NL
- Members of IT Infrastructure & Operations
- Members of Data Science / AI department
- Colleagues from business units with strong technical knowledge of AI / ML
- Solution Architects
- Leaders of global functional departments (e.g., Data Protection Officer, Head of QA, Finance Compliance Lead)
AI/ML Security Strategy: Develop and implement security strategies specifically for AI and ML projects, ensuring robust protection against AI-specific threats.
Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Conduct thorough risk assessments of AI and ML systems, identifying vulnerabilities and devising effective mitigation strategies.
Security Framework Development: Create security frameworks and best practices for AI and ML development and deployment.
Incident Response for AI Systems: Develop incident response protocols for AI/ML security incidents, including identification, analysis, and remediation of such threats.
Research and Innovation: Stay abreast of the latest trends and threats in AI/ML security, incorporating cutting-edge solutions into our security infrastructure.
Collaboration and Leadership: Work closely with AI/ML development teams to integrate security into the development lifecycle and promote a culture of security awareness.
Training and Knowledge Sharing: Provide expert guidance and training to team members on AI/ML security best practices.
Compliance and Standards Adherence: Ensure AI/ML initiatives comply with relevant data protection and privacy regulations.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science, cybersecurity, AI/ML or related technical field or equivalent work experience. Master’s level degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in information security and IT risk management in general, and security architecture in particular
- 5+ years of experience in network, application, or infrastructure security including a mix of hands-on technical work along with compliance and leadership responsibilities.
- Demonstrated experience in AWS and Microsoft Azure cloud security infrastructure architecture, services, and solutions
- Demonstrated experience in working in a Pharma / Biotech or industry-related company.
- Deep knowledge and prior experience in securing complex AI/ML models, particularly Large Language Models (LLMs) and deep learning architectures.
- Familiarity with data protection and privacy laws relevant to AI/ML
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, AI/ML specific certifications) are advantageous.
- Demonstrated experience in working in multinational organization and virtual teams.
- Demonstrated experience of influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Assess and mitigate security risks specific to AI/ML models, training data, and deployment environments.
- Design and implement secure architectures for model development, training, deployment, and monitoring.
- Integrate security principles into the AI/ML lifecycle, including threat modeling, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing.
- Partner with AI specialists and engineers to educate them on security considerations within the AI/ML development process.
- Continuously monitor the evolving threat landscape for vulnerabilities in AI/ML algorithms, frameworks, and tools.
- Bridge the gap between security and AI/ML teams by facilitating open communication and collaboration.
- Work with infrastructure services and application development organizations to choose appropriate security technology solutions.
- Research and evaluate new technologies to provide more efficient and effective solutions.
- Deliver presentation to IT and business representatives on security technologies and industry trends.
- Display leadership and business judgment in anticipating business/project needs and developing alternative solutions.
- Excellent knowledge and insight into business and organizational processes; experience in working in a biotech or pharmacological company is a must.
- Excellent contact skills, being able to communicate effectively with different stakeholders and to deal with the different interests in the organization.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning, and execution skills
- Ability to build consensus, making decisions based on many variables, and gain support for major initiatives.
- Strong sense of self, ethics and effort, as well as the willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Good understanding of current and emerging cyber security and privacy regulations and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them.
- Experience tracking, measuring, and communicating the quality of risk management processes and controls applicable to the IT department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain regulatory requirements to IT leaders.
Travel required: Company-specific
Telecommuting option: 4 day per week
For US based candidates, the proposed salary band for this position is as follows:$114,375.00---$190,625.00
The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation, such as bonuses.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Genmab is an international biotechnology company with a core purpose guiding its unstoppable team to strive towards improving the lives of patients through innovative and differentiated antibody therapeutics. For more than 20 years, its passionate, innovative and collaborative team has invented next-generation antibody technology platforms and leveraged translational research and data sciences, which has resulted in a proprietary pipeline including bispecific T-cell engagers, next-generation immune checkpoint modulators, effector function enhanced antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. To help develop and deliver novel antibody therapies to patients, Genmab has formed 20+ strategic partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. By 2030, Genmab’s vision is to transform the lives of people with cancer and other serious diseases with Knock-Your-Socks-Off (KYSO™) antibody medicines.
Established in 1999, Genmab is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with locations in Utrecht, the Netherlands, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S. and Tokyo, Japan.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.