Associate Director, Intelligent Automation, R&D Digital Products
At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
Genmab is driving the next generation of innovative and differentiated antibody-based medicines to transform the lives of patients with cancer and other serious diseases. We’re transforming the treatment landscape for patients with cancer and other serious diseases by combining deep antibody expertise with unique methods of scientific discovery. We focus exclusively on antibodies, putting our deep understanding of disease biology and treatment targets to work using innovative antibody technology platforms.
The Opportunity: At Genmab, AI and Digital Technologies are being developed, implemented, and utilized at a pace never seen before. Join Genmab as an Associate Director, Intelligent Automation, R&D Digital Products as part of our IT & Digital Team and become a key player in revolutionizing antibody-based medicines for cancer and serious diseases. We're at the forefront of merging deep antibody expertise with groundbreaking scientific discovery, focused on transforming patient care. Dive into the dynamic world of AI and Digital Technologies at Genmab! With our rapid development and implementation, you'll have the chance to harness the power of AI, driving digital transformation across our operations.
Your Role: We are looking for an innovation-centric Intelligent Automation Architect R&D Digital Products, who is passionate about designing and implementing automation solutions to streamline and optimizing clinical development and research processes, to join our IT R&D Digital Products team. This role requires a deep understanding of the Biotech Industry, Research, Clinical development operations, and the latest automation technologies. The ideal candidate should have experience in delivering technology solutions in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment, managing large scale enterprise software requirements, working in a compliance driven GxP environment.
The Intelligent Automation Architect will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for automation, design and implement solutions, such as automations for Clinical trial agreements, contract management, site management relates tasks, trial master file management, to streamline/speed up tasks and ensure their effective/secure utilization, faster completion, error/cost reduction and data quality improvement. The Architect will also be responsible for optimizing laboratory software and enhancing the efficiency of scientific investigations through robust adaptive automations in digital solutions. The Architect will deploy automation using holistic enterprise automation techniques enabled through low-code intelligent automation. You'll lead a skilled team of Automation Engineers to achieve architectural and automation engineering excellence.
This position will be based out of Princeton, NJ and will be onsite 60% of the time.
- Execute intelligent automations tailored for R&D functions such as Research Informatics, SDMS (Scientific Data Management System), Lab Management Systems, Research Data products, Pathology, Imaging, Pharmacology, Development Operations, etc.
- Design, develop, and deploy automations that integrate automation with AWS Data Lakes, big data, analytics, AI, and machine learning.
- Design and develop solutions using intelligent automation tools and platforms such as RPA, Power Platform, UiPath, BluePrism, and Automation Anywhere to streamline and optimize various processes in Clinical Development Operations for Biotech/Pharma that meet functional and non-functional specifications.
- Use modular building blocks and development accelerators to create automation in a fraction of the time.
- Leverage microservices architecture for automations, intelligent scheduling, and process on-demand features to manage scale up or down according to volume fluctuations and optimize costs and performance.
- Apply innovative solutions to optimize legacy systems, elevate automation from a tactical to a strategic IT capability, and accelerate the digital agenda of the organization.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, analysts, and other engineers to understand automation requirements, design automation solutions and colleagues in Data & Analytics, Data Science and AI, to deliver high-quality products.
- Collaborate with POD Managers, Product Owners, and Business Leaders to execute high-level designs of automations, ensure alignment with business objectives and play a pivotal role in automation that empowers our scientists and researchers in R&D.
- Ensure the rapid and continuous integration of automation into the business operations and workflows, implement ALM, DevOps, continuous integration, and deployment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain the automations and the platform, ensuring reliability, availability, and scalability. Test, debug, and deploy automation solutions while ensuring quality, performance, and security.
- Contribute to the improvement and innovation of the automation platform and processes by active participation in the Architecture Community of Practice, working with Enterprise, Solution, Data, Information Security, Infrastructure, Domain architects and communicate effectively with clients and stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including Technical Product Owners, Technical Delivery leads, developers, UI/UX SMEs, data engineers, visualization engineers, data scientists, AI/ML Engineers, Bioinformaticians, and domain experts to deliver automations using a multi-environment, DLP strategy.
- Stay current on the latest trends and technologies in intelligent automation, cloud computing, AI/ML, Big Data architecture and seek opportunities for continuous improvement, learning and improving solutions.
- Experience in Life Sciences, Biotech or Pharma industry is a must have.
- Master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or a related field, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in automation development, testing, and deployment using cloud-based platforms and tools. Experience in designing and developing solutions that automate business processes and enhance user experiences.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, process automation/RPA tools such as Power Platform and its components such as Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365, UiPath, Blue Prism, or Automation Anywhere.
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and services such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in applying artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data techniques to automate complex business processes and optimize performance.
- Ability to design, develop, and maintain modular, scalable, and reusable automation solutions using best practices and standards.
- Experience in data architecture, data modeling, data integration, data analysis, and data-visualization is nice to have.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Experience in working with legacy systems and integrating them with cloud-based automations.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and DevOps practices.
- Certification in Cloud computing, Power Platform, relevant automation tools or AI/ML is a plus.
Why Genmab? Be part of a multicultural, innovative environment where your work directly impacts cancer patients' lives. Our unique culture fosters experimentation, empowerment, and growth. We value teamwork, diversity, and an inclusive, supportive work environment. At Genmab, diversity drives our success. We ensure a professional, inclusive environment, valuing different perspectives and experiences. Ready to make a real difference in transforming patient care? Apply now to be part of Genmab's journey in advancing innovative healthcare solutions!
For US based candidates, the proposed salary band for this position is as follows:$138,750.00---$231,250.00
The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation, such as bonuses.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Genmab is an international biotechnology company with a core purpose guiding its unstoppable team to strive towards improving the lives of patients through innovative and differentiated antibody therapeutics. For more than 20 years, its passionate, innovative and collaborative team has invented next-generation antibody technology platforms and leveraged translational research and data sciences, which has resulted in a proprietary pipeline including bispecific T-cell engagers, next-generation immune checkpoint modulators, effector function enhanced antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. To help develop and deliver novel antibody therapies to patients, Genmab has formed 20+ strategic partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. By 2030, Genmab’s vision is to transform the lives of people with cancer and other serious diseases with Knock-Your-Socks-Off (KYSO™) antibody medicines.
Established in 1999, Genmab is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with locations in Utrecht, the Netherlands, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S. and Tokyo, Japan.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.