At Genmab, we’re committed to building extra[not]ordinary futures together, by developing antibody products and pioneering, knock-your-socks-off therapies that change the lives of patients and the future of cancer treatment and serious diseases. From our people who are caring, candid, and impact-driven to our business, which is innovative and rooted in science, we believe that being proudly unique, determined to be our best, and authentic is essential to fulfilling our purpose.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Network Engineer to join our dynamic team based in Utrecht, Netherlands. You will play a crucial role in leading and maintaining our network infrastructure, with a solid focus on Fortinet technologies, Zero Trust, SD-WAN, and datacenter backbone networks. This position involves troubleshooting network issues, collaborating with an international team, and providing on-site support as needed.
- Fortinet Expertise: Possess in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Fortinet Network, FortiNAC, FortiManager, and Fortinet SSL-VPN solutions.
- Network Design and Implementation: Design, implement, and maintain network infrastructure, with a focus on network segmentation, SD-WAN, and datacenter backbone networks.
- Zero Trust Architecture: Implement and maintain Zero Trust security principles within the network infrastructure to enhance security posture.
- Troubleshooting: Proactively identify and resolve network issues, providing timely and effective solutions to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
- Collaboration: Work seamlessly as part of an international infrastructure team, coordinating efforts with team members located in Denmark, the US, and the Netherlands.
- On-site Support: Be available for on-site support, with approximately 60% of the work being conducted on-site in Utrecht, Netherlands.
- International Travel: Occasional travel to collaborate with team members and support infrastructure needs at various locations such as Japan, US and Denmark.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Network Engineer with a focus on Fortinet technologies.
- Solid understanding of network segmentation, SD-WAN, and datacenter backbone networks.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to analyze and resolve complex network issues.
- Team Player: Ability to work effectively within a diverse, international team.
- Flexibility: Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Excellent communication skills in English; knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- You are passionate about our purpose and genuinely care about our mission to transform the lives of patients through innovative cancer treatment
- You bring rigor and excellence to all that you do. You are a fierce believer in our rooted-in-science approach to problem-solving
- You are a generous collaborator who can work in teams with diverse backgrounds
- You are determined to do and be your best and take pride in enabling the best work of others on the team
- You are not afraid to grapple with the unknown and be innovative
- You have experience working in a fast-growing, dynamic company (or a strong desire to)
- You work hard and are not afraid to have a little fun while you do so
Genmab leverages the effectiveness of an agile working environment, when possible, for the betterment of employee work-life balance. Our offices are designed as open, community-based spaces that work to connect employees while being immersed in our state-of-the-art laboratories. Whether you’re in one of our collaboratively designed office spaces or working remotely, we thrive on connecting with each other to innovate.
Genmab is an international biotechnology company with a core purpose guiding its unstoppable team to strive towards improving the lives of patients through innovative and differentiated antibody therapeutics. For more than 20 years, its passionate, innovative and collaborative team has invented next-generation antibody technology platforms and leveraged translational research and data sciences, which has resulted in a proprietary pipeline including bispecific T-cell engagers, next-generation immune checkpoint modulators, effector function enhanced antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. To help develop and deliver novel antibody therapies to patients, Genmab has formed 20+ strategic partnerships with biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. By 2030, Genmab’s vision is to transform the lives of people with cancer and other serious diseases with Knock-Your-Socks-Off (KYSO™) antibody medicines.
Established in 1999, Genmab is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with locations in Utrecht, the Netherlands, Princeton, New Jersey, U.S. and Tokyo, Japan.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
We are committed to fostering workplace diversity at all levels of the company and we believe it is essential for our continued success. No applicant shall be discriminated against or treated unfairly because of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Learn more about our commitments on our website.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands, Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in NL is initially to offer a fixed-term employment contract for a year, if the employee performs well and if the business conditions do not change, renewal for an indefinite term may be considered after the fixed-term employment contract.