Enterprise Account Director, Trade & Distribution
Trade & Distribution is a core piece of what GSK does to bring products to patients. Wholesalers and Distributors are essential in providing our products to clinics hospitals, retail pharmacies, specialty pharmacies and HCPs. The entities the W/D’s service are the lifeline to getting our products to patients. The three largest W/Ds are McKesson, Amerisource & Cardinal accounting for 90%+ of GSK sales.
This role of Enterprise Account Director, Trade & Distribution is part of the Trade Strategy, Contracting and Sales organization within the Market Access Organization . The responsibility for this role will serving as the customer facing Account Director to all aspects of the assigned Wholesaler and Distributor key accounts. Responsibility may include interfaces with Big 3 Wholesalers, Tier 2 Regional wholesalers, Specialty Distributors and Vaccine Distributors. This role will support GSK’s and ViiV’s entire portfolio in the W/D This role will be reporting to the Sr. Director, Trade Strategy, Contracting & Sales and will play a critical part in the growth and success of our diverse portfolio by driving successful product launches in the W/D space, forging strong and deep account interactions with these complex customers and their sr. leadership and serving to ensure the W/D voice of customer is well understood to inform key strategic efforts.
You will be responsible for: 1) Being the internal GSK “expert” on wholesalers and distributors, their core competencies and service offerings, , will share knowledge of SPP services provided and inform Trade strategy overall including Oncology, Respiratory & Specialty, Immunology Marketing and Sales colleagues. 2) Managing the overall business relationships with W/D’s headquarters key decision making personnel, including sr. leaders, serving as the single point of contact between the customer and GSK, acting as the liaison between the customer and GSK resources, e.g., clinical, legal, field sales, brand marketing, operations, supply chain. 3) Represent GSK as the expert on trade sales activities to identify and monitor key changes in trade/ channel landscape, e.g., strategic alliances, key customer organizational changes, competitive contracting information. Proactively communicate with key GSK corporate and industry experts on marketplace trends that have potential impacts for GSK and the marketplace as a whole e.g., contacts, marketing programs, product availability, changes in policy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Interact regularly with key W/D customer contacts including remotely face to face and at annual conference forums navigating these large, complex, and matrixed customers.
- Maintaining detailed understanding of W/D segment, the competitive marketplace and key insights for the customer segments served by Wholesalers and Distributors including strong account plans to be leveraged by GSK Sr. Leaders.
- Negotiate and execute W/D Distribution Service agreements.
- Performance management of Wholesaler and Distributor proactively leveraging weekly, monthly, and quarterly key metrics
- Cross Business Unit collaboration initiatives & Market insights delivered.
- Ensuring and informing strategic alignment across functional stakeholder groups (Strategy, Analytics, Ops)
- Monitor inventory levels of key brands in W/D accounts regularly driving proactive action.
- Ensure stocking of key launch products
- Take on assigned subject matter expertise roles within the team serving as the team point to gather insights and share insights to inform and consult on new marketplace offerings related to field commercial capabilities, field training plans, contracting & BU priorities.
Candidate Description & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a proven record of US sales performance and market access experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years commercial experience including sales or market access experience (min. 2 in contracting, trade, or market access)
- 3+ years’ experience in market access and/or Trade & Distribution
- Wholesaler & Distributor knowledge & experience preferred.
- Experience with contracting, Fee for Service and 4x4 development
- Ideal candidate has successfully managed large customer accounts.
- Financial acumen and Trade/Distribution mindset
- Understanding of Limited Distribution Networks
- Demonstrated sense of ownership for the shared success of the team
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, competitive environment.
- Competitive mindset; feels driven to conquer uncharted territory.
Please visit GSK US Benefits Summary to learn more about the comprehensive benefits program GSK offers US employees.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.