Global Category Lead - Market Access
The Senior Global Category Manager for Market Access within the Sales Enablement Procurement team will be accountable for all sourcing and contract management across the market access category globally. This will include the development and implementation of category strategies; the contracting for master/service/product agreements within the categories; the management of supplier relationships and for ensuring key suppliers commit to deliver GSK’s performance/quality/financial requirements.
Market Access is about bringing medicines to market globally to ensure as many appropriate patients as possible get rapid and maintained access to the medicines by securing optimal pricing and reimbursement. It involves gathering insights from Payers (National, Regional, Local Payers, Pharmacies, Private Insurers, Patients) involved with or influencing a decision to fund or pay for medicines & translating these insights into evidence needs, engagement strategies and tools
Market Access is a highly commercial, business critical area that is driving transformational change and patient-first strategies. Procurement has the opportunity to help shape what the future of market access and healthcare professional (HCP) engagement could look like, driving innovation and challenging the status quo for current products and future launches, driving real impact to top line growth, patient identification access and adherence.
Market access activities may sit within, but not be limited to the following areas:
- Research and analysis activities supporting successful product launch
- Rapid and maintained access to medicines for as many patients as possible who would benefit
- Optimal pricing and reimbursement
- Procurement category strategy leadership for Market Access Procurement, leading the development, management and implementation of comprehensive Commercial strategies on a global scale that deliver the business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, service, cost and innovation.
- Lead and implement key projects to support value delivery for GSK: this may take many forms : patient identification, patient reach/access, patient adherence, customer engagement, ROI, top line growth but also the more traditional procurement savings delivery or risk mitigation
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers that secure favourable terms for GSK in line with the agreed business requirements.
- Contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance; manages / monitors ongoing negotiations with 3rd parties.
- Running competitive sourcing processes (RFP/RFQ/eAuctions) to identify new suppliers and solutions aligned to our evolving business needs
Business partnering & stakeholder management in GSK
- Global leadership and global influence including business partnering of senior stakeholders (up to SVP level).
- Build strategic relationships with GSK stakeholders, to understand business requirements, identify opportunities to create value and to position Procurement’s value proposition. Align sourcing strategies accordingly.
- Lead stakeholder alignment and annual value plan delivery (Commercial leadership and Finance across the business)
- Working across multiple countries requiring high cultural awareness
External supplier relationships
- Lead SRM for key strategic vendors in the market access spend category
- Manage key market access suppliers through a robust performance management process. Ensure supplier performance is understood and measured.
- Requires significant external supplier knowledge.
- Champions the sourcing group management process and policies across functions and links these to GSK's strategic direction
- Knows and utilises complex business processes in all GSK supplier transactions, including all risk/regulatory/compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Five or more years of Procurement experience particularly with respect to developing & implementing strategies, stakeholder management and supplier relationship management and some experience of regulated environments
- Five or more years of experience with Procurement tools / skillset such as sourcing, RFP processes, quotation analysis, contract negotiation, supplier review, supplier development and others
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Direct procurement experience managing the market access category within another pharmaceutical company
- Good ability to motivate and inspire colleagues within a matrix structure, and work in partnership with others to drive, implement and support change
- Solid commercial understanding of the US health system, along with market access services and healthcare professional engagement
- Understanding of the compliance aspects associated with market access in the Rx industry.
- Demonstrated experience in influencing strategy and managing across multiple markets
- Leadership/communication skills
- Good ability to manage sensitive partnerships, strong influencing and stakeholder partnering skills coupled with excellent negotiation and communication skills
- English proficiency (written and oral), other language will be a plus
- Good knowledge of finance (cost benchmark & financial audit with key supplier) and legal matters (contracting)
- Demonstrated experience in managing global projects
- Contracting experience required, including a thorough understanding of contracting fundamentals and experience with contract planning, negotiation, execution, interpretation and maintenance
Please visit GSK US Benefits Summary to learn more about the comprehensive benefits program GSK offers US employees.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.