GSK Production System (GPS) Practitioner
We make and supply medicines and vaccines all around the globe and our teams own every production stage, from creating quality products at our manufacturing sites to designing effective supply forecasting and regulatory inspections; all powered by digital, data and analytics. We operate at impressive scale, producing over 1.7 billion packs of medicine and 767 vaccine doses in 2021.
We continue to modernize, so we can launch even more new products at speed whilst turbo-charging delivery across our entire portfolio through our relentless focus on quality, safety, and service. The way we work will change. For some, the shift in technology and products will be revolutionary. Our R&D pipeline demands a new kind of supply chain, and we need the very best minds and capability to help us on our journey to make more complex products, harnessing the power of automation and robotics so we can work smarter together.
The Site GPS Practitioner role is responsible for deploying, embedding, and sustaining the GSK Production System (GPS) within the Site to deliver the Business Strategy and to improve Business Performance across Safety, Quality, Service, Cost, & People.
As an expert in GPS, they work directly with the business, including those in direct zone roles (manufacturing, labs, warehouse), those in indirect zones (office-based) roles, and leaders up to and including the Site Leadership Team (SLT). They are responsible for developing the capability of site personnel to work with the GPS standards and tools, to continuously improve, and to encourage and engage all to proactively make improvements. They are expected to contribute to the delivery of significant site objective improvement initiatives across all business and manufacturing processes.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Build own and others’ capability in GPS standards and tools pertinent to assisting improvement techniques.
- Deliver improvement results aligned to site performance objectives and current GPS framework/standards as agreed with Site GPS Lead, and central GPS team.
- Support the Site GPS Lead to periodically assess GPS maturity across site, including support of external assessments.
- Support Leaders with site strategy definition, deployment, and translations for our site to ensure focused and aligned priorities.
- Lead clarification of problems and align people to solve them at all levels of the organization. Assist in the execution of business-critical improvements across the site (i.e. lead-time, productivity).
- Provide training and expert advice on GPS standards based on in-depth understanding and experience.
- Provide high-quality coaching to staff at all levels of the business to develop and sustain GPS mindsets and behaviors.
- Support lesson-sharing and partnerships across levels and functions, including collaboration with counterparts on other GSK sites.
- Role model GPS mindset and lean leadership behaviors. Recognize & share good examples of GPS behaviors and improvements across site.
- Understand the role and potential use of digital, data, and analytics (DDA) and/or automation tools where appropriate. Work collaboratively with the site DDA lead and SMART manufacturing team, as required.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ year of experience with Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations, EHS, SCO, Quality, Laboratory, and/or Strategy with demonstrated delivery of site wide medium and large scale continuous improvements, initiatives and / or projects resulting in both financial and non-financial benefits and behavioral change.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Post-graduate qualification in Engineering, Lean or Six Sigma
- Experience with Biopharmaceuticals or other cGMP environment
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification; or industry equivalent
- Experience in coaching or directly leading a team
Change Management experience including leadership of complex projects/programs and teams.
Proven ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
Highly effective communication skills with proven ability to build relationships and influence at all levels of the organization.
Diagnosis of complex performance issues and improvement initiatives in the context of site goals.
Strong coaching and training skills.
Program planning and execution management
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose –to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together –so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns –as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years. Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves –feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
Please visit GSK US Benefits Summary to learn more about the comprehensive benefits program GSK offers US employees.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.