GSK Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting Vision 2030 and the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudization in line with the hiring and the training and development of Saudi National capability.
Are you an EHS Advisor who is energized by the challenge of being part of one of the leading pharmaceutical companies worldwide? If so an EHS Advisor role is the one for you to explore.
As the EHS Advisor for one of the most strategical assets of GSK, you will supervise and manage the contractors and construction works for all contractors on site and/or assigned site engineering and EHS projects. And control EHS and Administrative disciplines in a safe and cost-effective manner in compliance with EHS, Legal and quality requirements, as well as ensure GPS is maintained for EHS Department for continuous improvement.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Maintain Site Environmental Management System.
- Maintain Health & Safety Management System.
- In coordination with Department heads Carry out Site EHS and Environmental Aspect & Impact assessment.
- Control of waste management & enhance awareness on Promotion of Recycling & Site waste minimization to comply the GSK requirements.
- Coordinate with Production Engineering & Quality control to make necessary efforts to Control possible Air Emission.
- Collect, manage, analyses, and interpret EHS data for corporate reporting.
- Develop, conduct, and evaluate training on EHS programs and processes.
- Enhancement awareness of staff on Environmental & Safety Issues.
- Identify Gaps at Site in lieu of EHS & GES standards & develop Action Plan to bridge the gaps.
- Carry out EHS inspection & identify the gaps & implement corrective & preventive Action.
- Lead site Fire Fighting team to ensure regular Fire installation test as per schedule.
- Enhance Staff awareness through Posters & EHS Events.
- Coordinate & Trained Staff to maintain Safe System of Work (PTW).
- Coordinate and Trained Staff to maintain Lock out Tag out (LOTO) System.
- Perform and review other departments EHS related audits.
- Co-ordinate the efforts and coach personnel through the development of critical documentation and tools to support risk assessments, safe work practices and adverse event/near miss reporting & investigation.
- Provide EHS direction, assistance and support for corrective actions and recommendations to assure site EHS improvements.
- Maintain and develop, if required, compliance-related policies and procedures based on EHS requirements.
- Maintain regulatory documentation and records.
- Work within the Company’s EHS policies and practices.
- Flexibility regarding any other duties which may be required from time to time.
- Develop and implement site workplace inspections and audits to identify work hazards and exposures. Determine trends and action plans for remediation and corrective actions.
- Help create a culture of injury-free attitudes within the site team by demonstrating honest, genuine care and passion for EHS Ensuring compliance of employees completing training on EHS related topics as per plan.
- Conduct various EHS Workshops such as Leading EHS, Living Safety, Energy and Resilience etc.
- To carry out Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR) & EHAC assessments and ensure the proper management monitoring for the identified controls based on the assessments.
- To carry out chemical risk assessment (CRA), management monitoring and chemical monitoring.
- Regular documented inspection checklists completed & Actions undertaken for highlighted items.
- To manage Anti-Microbial Resistance (AMR) & EHAC program.
- To manage chemical management program.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of and coach personnel through the development of critical documentation and tools to support risk assessments, safe work practices and adverse event/near miss reporting & investigation.
- Work closely with EHS manager to ensure continual improvement and compliance in EHS activities.
- Hazard Identification, Assessment and Control programs by documented risk assessments.
- Assessments conducted for plant and equipment.
- Monitoring of afterhours work and off-Site activities.
- Reporting of EHS related KPIs (Incident/Accidents, Environmental etc.)
- Overall accountability of Waste Management and Chemical Manifests.
- Induction training to employees, visitors, and contractors.
- Provide co-ordination and leadership in response to incidents.
- Manage consultants and/or contractors for specialized EHS related work.
- Variability of assignments, the availability of guidance or direction, and the time frame under consideration to complete the duties.
- Overall site involvement.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Saudi National.
- Post Graduate Degree or MSc Degree, preferably in Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health (e.g., NEBOSH International Certificate).
- At least 2 /3 years’ experience in the relevant area.
- Computer literacy.
- Proven evidence of being able to work with cross-functional teams.
- Fluency in written & spoken English / Good overall communication skills.
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve current system.
- Excellent decision-making skill.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.