Senior Data Engineer IRC206805
Job ID: IRC206805
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2024
Segment: Digital System & Service
Business Unit: Hitachi Services & Platforms
Company Name: GlobalLogic
Profession (Job Category): Engineering
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Join GlobalLogic, to be a valid part of the team working on a huge software project for the world-class company providing M2M / IoT 4G/5G modules e.g. to the automotive, healthcare and logistics industries. Through our engagement, we contribute to our customer in developing the end-user modules' firmware, implementing new features, maintaining compatibility with the newest telecommunication and industry standards, as well as performing analysis and estimations of the customer requirements.
Data Management - Senior Data Engineer
• defining and computing KPIs
• designing data visualization dashboards
• processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
• analyze large amounts of vehicle data to discover trends and patterns
• writing and refactoring the code into reusable libraries, APIs, and tools in order to have clear,
efficient, tested, and high-quality code
• playing an active role in pursuing engineering excellence, by fixing bugs and refactoring the
code base where necessary
• supporting business analytics initiatives cross-Departments.
He/She will become an expert in big data solutions. Depending on the initiative, he/she may need to
investigate new relevant technologies and to test the most promising ones.
• Combination of business focus, analytical and problem solving skills in order to quickly
define a data-driven solution within different initiatives.
• Excellent written and communication skills: ability to communicate to technical and nontechnical project stakeholders.
• Ability to work within a team and with a proactive attitude
Tech skills Main:
• Knowledge of at least one of some of the main Big Data frameworks and platforms: Spark,
Hadoop, Databricks, Snowflake, Airflow
• Proficiency with SQL
• Knowledge of Database Management Systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL, ...)
• Scientific programming with Python (Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, ...)
• Functional programming with Scala
• Knowledge of at least one of the following tools: Docker, Openshift, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven
• Proficiency with software engineering principles
Nice to have:
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or
• Previous automotive experience
• Knowledge of Data Visualization Tools (Kibana, Grafana, ...)
• Proficiency with CI/CD topics
• Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum Framework
• Image Processing (e.g.: color space conversion, camera calibration, image undistortion)
• Point-Cloud Processing (e.g.: iterative closest point, 3D transformations, 3D -> 2D projection,
• Proficient in reading and writing
• Being able to have technical discussions and communicate with colleagues from different
countries / regions
Years of Experience:
• 2-4 years
• Degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or Physic
The candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing the Autonomous Driving Data
Management Toolchain, as well as optimizing data flow and collection requirements for cross functional
He/She will work within the Data Management team and in close collaboration with reprocessing and
vehicle instrumentation teams on data initiatives and will ensure an optimal and consistent data delivery
He/She will also have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, building
and implementing models and using/creating algorithms.
He/She will be responsible for:
• designing data models
• building, developing and testing ELT / ETL processes
• assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional and non-functional business
What We Offer
Exciting Projects: We focus on industries like High-Tech, communication, media, healthcare, retail and telecom. Our customer list is full of fantastic global brands and leaders who love what we build for them.
Collaborative Environment: You Can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities!
Work-Life Balance: GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules, opportunities to work from home, and paid time off and holidays.
Professional Development: Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes Communication skills training(GL Vantage, Toast Master),Stress Management program, professional certifications, and technical and soft skill trainings.
Excellent Benefits: We provide our employees with competitive salaries, family medical insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance , NPS(National Pension Scheme ), Periodic health awareness program, extended maternity leave, annual performance bonuses, and referral bonuses.
Fun Perks: We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports events, cultural activities, offer food on subsidies rates, Corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones, rooftop decks and GL Club where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table and offer discounts for popular stores and restaurants!
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.