Industrial Researcher - System Engineering (f/m/d)
Location: Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Job ID: R0042531
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2024
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY GERMANY AG
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Empower the Future with Hitachi Energy: Join us as an
Industrial Researcher in Systems Engineering!
We are looking for a passionate and proficient industrial researcher with expertise in system engineering at our research center in Mannheim/Germany. In an inter-disciplinary environment, you will drive cutting-edge innovation for different complex systems in power grid applications. Join our dynamic, motivated, and team to contribute to a sustainable energy future for all.
- You make a difference: Carry out industrial research in the area of systems engineering of current and future complex systems in power grids to improve their techno-economic performance and ecological footprint.
- You innovate: gain a holistic view, consider all relevant aspects and develop novel approaches to design, integrate, and manage complex systems over their life cycles.
- You take initiative: Collaborate with a global and inter-disciplinary team of researchers and engineers in Hitachi Energy Research and Business Units to identify and solve real-world problems and realize opportunities for further improvements.
- You connect: Build relationships within the company and actively share your knowledge and expertise. Interact with local and global external partners including universities, start-ups, and vendors.
- You communicate: Disseminate your results in scientific publications, patent applications, and technical reports.
- PhD in Systems Engineering or any related field
- Proven track record in applying systems engineering principles for complex systems
- Know-how of relevant power grid applications such as high voltage DC (HVDC) transmission, electric vehicle charging or battery energy storage is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, team player attitude, initiative and creativity
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
At Hitachi Energy, we believe in the power of diversity and the potential of every person. We are committed creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. We invite you to apply and join us in shaping a sustainable future.