Dx Field Service Engineer - Pittsburgh, PA
As a leading innovator of women’s health, we at Hologic are empowering people to live healthier lives everywhere, every day.
As the engine of our business, our engineering teams continually challenge our ways of working, being pragmatic in their approach to innovating. From our field service engineers who work tirelessly to reduce our customer downtime, to our manufacturing engineers who keep our laboratories and manufacturing equipment performance in perfect condition.
Our Field Service Engineers are instrumental in providing a first-class customer experience when repairing and maintaining our products on customer sites.
We are looking for a talented and skilled Field Service Engineer to join our Diagnostics division servicing our molecular diagnostic and cytology equipment across the Pittsburgh, PA area.
Is this role for you?
- You have experience providing engineering support to medical devices.
- You are comfortable traveling as required for the job, typically 5 days per week with overnight stays.
- You love troubleshooting and finding issues to solve, the more complex the better!
- You are a fantastic communicator with customers, setting clear expectations and are able to build strong rapport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts advanced troubleshooting to repair, test and qualify instruments located at assigned territory sites.
- Schedules and manages preventive maintenance and unscheduled visits to instrument sites.
- Determines correct inventory levels of repair parts with supply lines.
- Documents repair/ resolution of customer calls in CRM system and escalates issues to management as needed.
- Works with Product Application Engineers to resolve quality issues and advise of issues and developments.
- Keep management advised of issues and developments.
- Ensure instrumentation is in compliance with regulatory requirements and quality control standards
- Must be able to meet all customer credentialing requirements
- Working knowledge of chemistry principles and chemical handling techniques.
- Understanding of proper use and operation of electronic testing equipment.
- Knowledge of inventory and procurement systems.
- Ability to interface with internal and/or external customers.
- Solid computer skills.
- Time management skills
- Strong robotics, fluidics and pneumatics experience preferred.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and maintain a clean driving record.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- AA/AS degree and/or practical Military experience considered.
- 2+ years related field experience with direct customer interaction, preferably in a laboratory setting.
- This person will work out of a home based office
- There will be on-call duties on rotation
- Overnight/out-of-area travel as needed
The annualized base salary range for this role is $62,100 to $97,000 and is bonus eligible. Final compensation packages will ultimately depend on factors including relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, geography, education, business needs and market demand.
Agency And Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic’s employees are subject to third-party COVID-19 vaccination requirements, including from customers and governmental entities. Hologic is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.