BSH Field Service Engineer - Washington, DC
At Hologic we're driven by our purpose, promise and passion to empower people to live healthier lives everywhere, everyday. With groundbreaking technology at the core, our innovations are designed to achieve exceptional clinical results. Making it possible to detect, diagnose and treat illnesses and other health conditions earlier and more effectively.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Field Service Engineer to join our Breast and Skeletal Health division representing the Eastern Maryland/Washington DC territory.
Summary Of Duties And Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the installation and service of Hologic products (mammography, digital mammography, bone densitometry, and mini c-arms) which include electrical, mechanical and software components.
• Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with Hologic's products, support and service.
• Complete all remedial service actions, standard system checks, and required hardware and software upgrades in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
• Assist other Field Engineers as necessary.
• Maintain a good customer service reputation by complying with all regulatory requirements and all aspects of DQSM.
• Complete and submit all required paperwork on time and accurately.
• Train customers on the basic operation and use of Hologic products.
• Provide feedback to the District Manager concerning product performance anomalies encountered in the field, and make recommendations for service improvements.
• Provide support at conventions, trade shows and customer trials.
• Provide pre and post sales support by maintaining close working relationships with sales and customers to ensure expectations are met and equipment installations are handled as planned.
• Manage inventory, keep accurate records, and return unused and failed parts promptly.
• Promote service contract offerings and assist the local Service Sales Specialist in selling service agreements to customers within your assigned territory.
• Manage the assigned territory in an organized fashion.
• Perform PM’s on time, provide expeditious on-site response and minimize equipment downtime.
• Respond to customer inquiries in written form (with managerial approval), in person, or via telephone as needed.
• Escalate customer issues and unresolved product problems to service management in a comprehensive and timely manner.
• Must be a self-starter, able to travel and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be capable of multi-tasking, setting priorities and scheduling work activities.
• Ability to resolve problems, think analytically and communicate professionally in high pressure, time sensitive, customer environments.
• Willing to work flexible hours and overtime on short notice.
• Position requires the ability to be “on call” after normal working hours.
• Depending on location, position may require frequent overnight travel.
• Must have reliable transportation, possess a valid driver’s license, and carry adequate auto insurance.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal are required
• Associates Degree or equivalent in electronics, computer science or related technical discipline is required.
• 2-4 years experience in a field service position working with customers to resolve problems related to x-ray, digital imaging or related medical equipment preferred. Experience designing, installing, or maintaining computer networks highly desirable. Specialized Knowledge
• Strong computer literacy. Must be proficient with DOS and Windows, certified training and/or working knowledge of UNIX /NT/Solaris or other software operating systems preferred.
The annualized base salary range for this role is $62,100 to $97,000 and is bonus eligible. Final compensation packages will ultimately depend on factors including relevant experience, skillset, knowledge, geography, education, business needs and market demand.
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered. Hologic’s employees are subject to third-party COVID-19 vaccination requirements, including from customers and governmental entities. Hologic is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Hologic’s employees are subject to third-party COVID-19 vaccination requirements, including from customers and governmental entities. Hologic is an equal opportunity employer and consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans