Sample Management Coordinator I
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. Our diverse teams enable us to become a better partner to our customers and help us to fulfil our mission to advance and improve patients’ lives.
Our ‘Own It’ culture is driven by four key values that bring us together as individuals and set us apart as an organisation: Accountability & Delivery, Collaboration, Partnership and Integrity. We want to be the Clinical Research Organisation that delivers excellence to our clients and to patients at every touch-point. In short, to be the partner of choice in drug development.
That’s our vision. We’re driven by it. And we need talented people who share it.
If you’re as driven as we are, join us. You’ll be working in a dynamic and supportive environment, with some of the brightest and the friendliest people in the sector, and you’ll be helping shape an industry.
The Sample Management Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the shipment of diagnostic samples as per client specific requirements. They will be maintaining sample integrity at all times, ensuring correct procedures are followed and correct documentation accompanies the shipment of samples.
• Preparation of sample shipments per shipment schedule, including relevant documentation
• Quality checking of shipments to ensure correct samples are included and documentation accompanies shipments
• Shipment of samples to other ICL locations or referral laboratories per protocol specific requirements
• Responsible for receipt of samples into the database and store in samples per protocol specifications
• Maintaining sample and shipment documentation in appropriate files
• Coordinate courier collections with Logistics to ensure shipments are sent as per protocol specific requirements
What you need:
• One to two years of relevant experience
• Basic working knowledge of computers and accuracy and attentiveness to detail necessary
• An alternate combination of experience , education , and training determined by management to be equivalent to the foregoing .
• High School Diploma/Leaving Certificate/diploma in Life Sciences or administrative computer related field.
Benefits of Working in ICON:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
We offer very competitive salary packages. And to keep them competitive, we regularly benchmark them against our competitors. Our annual bonuses reflect delivery of performance goals – both ours and yours.
We also provide a range of health-related benefits to employees and their families and offer competitive retirement plans – and related benefits such as life assurance – so you can save and plan with confidence for the years ahead.
But beyond the competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, you’ll benefit from an environment where you are encouraged to fulfil your sense of purpose and drive lasting change.
ICON is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know through the form below.
$39,500 to $47,380
Actual compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, education/training, and skill level. You may be eligible for a bonus, stock compensation and commissions in some cases depending on your role and performance.
Visit our careers site to read more about the benefits ICON offers.