Site Engagement Liaison
As a Site engagement Liason, Based in Madrid or Barcelona you will be joining the world’s largest & most comprehensive clinical research organisation, powered by healthcare intelligence.
What you will be doing:
Accountable for site start-up and activation
· Deploy GSSO site strategies by qualifying and activating assigned sites
· Supports processes to optimize country & site selection activities including review and assessment of the draft
potential site list & provide PTA output for site selection.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders providing country/regional level input to country outreach surveys including
protocol feasibility, country SOC and medical practices (as applicable) under supervision.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of assigned protocols
• Conduct study start up activities at the site level including but not limited to PTA, coordination of site activation checklist
items, ICD finalization, SIV (as applicable), including management of issues that may compromise time to site
· Ensure all the site initiation activity including training per site activation checklist, collect and / complete necessary
documentation/ systems needed for site activation. (e.g. PSR, SART, ESRA, SAC, FU Letter, Planisware, ISF/eISF etc.)
• Support country specific ICD review and deployment when applicable
• Ensure follow up activities completion post PTA and SIV to ensure site readiness for FSFV
• Partners with site monitor to ensure site monitoring readiness in anticipation of first subject first visit
• Responsible for relationship building and operational oversight of the site • Provide study support on escalated site issues related to study delivery by coordinating communications and resolution efforts. (e.g., vendor, site contracts and payment issues etc.) • Ensure the strategy/approach for IP and ancillary supplies for sites and country requirement throughout the lifecycle of the study • Be accountable for effective site recruitment planning and delivery, consistent with global and/or country plan and local targets; Responsible for enrollment support and ensure progress by responding to recruitment issues from investigators. • Maintain regular communications with investigator sites to gather status updates and drive delivery to study goals eg. recruitment, data entry timelines etc). • Partner with local RA/ CTRO / SAP to ensure timely completion on country / local registry when applicable
Accountable for study conduct and close-out
• Act as operational point of contact for all site-level questions, liaising with and escalating to appropriate teams to
respond and resolve questions.
• Review Site Monitoring Reports
· Support the site with revision and submission of ICD documents (and amendments).
• Working with other roles, maintain system management (e.g., EDC , Shared Investigator Platform, Site Profile and
other systems as applicable) at site level ensuring alignment across platforms.
• During the conduct of the study, the Site Management Organization Assessment is reviewed with the site, when
applicable, on an annual basis following site initiation and updated as needed under DCSO/ Senior SCP supervision. In
addition, the SMO Assessment is reviewed and updated when major staffing, contracting, or other significant site
changes/issues occur to confirm that continuity and contingency plans are current.
• Review and manage site practices that differ from Pfizer practices and liaise with study management and Business
Process Owners as needed.
• Maintain regular communications with investigator sites to gather status updates, informal and formal performance
metrics, and study-level feedback.
• Oversight and management of site deliverables to study targets, i.e. data cuts/sweeps, interim analyses, database
locks, helping to oversee data is up to date and any other site-facing deliverables, i.e. investigator signatures.
• Follow the study oversight plan and proactively put in place mitigations for known/anticipated risks.
• Support development and delivery including issue resolution of decentralized capabilities at investigator sites e.g.
home health, ePRO, DTP etc.
• Assure quality and consistency in the delivery of monitoring
• Drive monitoring efficiencies and best practices for study/region/program
· Support shaping the local clinical development environment with a goal to enhance Pfizer reputation in scientific
• May act as a Subject Matter Expert on Pfizer systems and processes.
• Actively pursue possible efficiencies and develop best practices in the delivery of activities for site performance
throughout the life cycle to increase investigator/site satisfaction and strengthen site relationships
· Ensures clear and open communication with Study Operations Manager
· Support the site monitor to develop positive Investigator relationships throughout the life of the study and escalate
any training or compliance concerns with Country Trials Manager and Study Management.
Responsible for proactively providing local intelligence
• Provide input into site recommendations via intimate understanding of country/region, sites, processes and practices,
and associated site performance metrics.
• Provide support to the Study Operations Manager/Global Study Manager to define local requirements for the
importation/exportation processes of the investigational medical product and ancillary supplies.
Fluent or native Portuguese speaker, with local experience in Portugal, based in Madrid or Barcelona
• Bachelor’s degree or RN in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
(estimate at least 5 years experience)
• Proficiency in local language preferred. English is required
• Demonstrated experience in site management with prior experience as a site monitor
• Demonstrated experience in start up activities through to site activation
• Demonstrated experience in conduct and close out activities
• Demonstrated knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements in Portugal
Skills and Technical Competencies
• Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH Guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements
• Must demonstrate good computer skills and be able to embrace new technologies
• Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage required travel of up to 75% on a regular basis
• Demonstrated networking and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage cross functional relationships
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with internal & external stakeholders
• Ability to adapt to changing technologies and processes
What ICON can offer you:
Our success depends on the quality of our people. That’s why we’ve made it a priority to build a diverse culture that rewards high performance and nurtures talent.
In addition to your competitive salary, ICON offers a range of additional benefits. Our benefits are designed to be competitive within each country and are focused on well-being and work life balance opportunities for you and your family.
Our benefits examples include:
- Various annual leave entitlements
- A range of health insurance offerings to suit you and your family’s needs
- Competitive retirement planning offerings to maximise savings and plan with confidence for the years ahead
- Global Employee Assistance Programme, TELUS Health, offering 24-hour access to a global network of over 80,000 independent specialised professionals who are there to support you and your family’s well-being
- Life assurance
- Flexible country-specific optional benefits, including childcare vouchers, bike purchase schemes, discounted gym memberships, subsidised travel passes, health assessments, among others
Visit our careers website to read more about the benefits of working at ICON: https://careers.iconplc.com/benefits
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know or submit a request here.
Interested in the role, but unsure if you meet all of the requirements? We would encourage you to apply regardless – there’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for here at ICON whether it is for this or other roles.