Contract and Budget Negotiator
ICON plc is a world-leading healthcare intelligence and clinical research organisation. From molecule to medicine, we advance clinical research providing outsourced services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and government and public health organisations. With our patients at the centre of all that we do, we help to accelerate the development of drugs and devices that save lives and improve quality of life. Our people are our greatest strength, are at the core of our culture, and the driving force behind our success. ICON people have a mission to succeed and a passion that ensures what we do, we do well.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare, negotiate, analyze, escalate and finalize all required site agreements and budgets.
- Utilize legal and budget parameters fallback to expedite negotiations.
- Ensure regular communication and escalations to expedite the planning, execution, issue resolution and management of Site/Investigator agreements and other essential documents as required.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Site Activation requirements versus contracting turnaround times to support study start up cycle times.
- Review redlines and provide related support to less experienced negotiators and client.
- Oversee and support internal staff with negotiations for legal contract terms and budgets.
- Capable of drafting and negotiating complex site contracts, budgets and amendments confidently across multiple countries.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in legal or pharmaceutical field as contract negotiator, preferably within a CRO.
- Previous negotiation of site clinical contracts and budgets required.
- Demonstrable strength in mentoring others.
- At least 2 years’ experience in legal, CRO, or Sponsor Site Contract & Budget negotiation work.
- Strong analytical, organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English, and where required, local language. Proficient in MS Office (especially MS Word and Excel).
- Good interpersonal skills demonstrated as energetic, proactive, customer focused, and independent critical thinker.