Engineer 1 - Process Development
We are looking for driven, talented Process Engineers to join our Manufacturing Technology and Transfer group. The candidate will provide technical leadership during new product introduction and production process development. Additionally, the candidate will partner cross-functionally with R&D, Quality, Production, Supply Chain, Facilities, E&HS, and other groups to develop, optimize, and scale up processes for new products.
- Develop, pilot, and transfer organic chemistry small molecule manufacturing processes to meet production volumes and product timelines. Execution of pilot and production builds when needed.
- Build and sustain reliable and safe pilot and manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers. Resolve technical problems during investigations.
- Author technical documents, such as engineering reports, protocols, and qualification/validation documents to meet compliance and change management requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working in a chemistry lab and compliance to all safety practices required.
- High level problem-solving and reasoning skills required.
- Ability to drive deliverables across departments in a fast paced environment required.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills collaborating with diverse stakeholders required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Field of study in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry required.
0-2+ years of related experience
At Illumina, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by cultivating an environment in which everyone contributes to our mission. Built on a strong foundation, Illumina has always been rooted in openness, collaboration, and seeking alternative views and perspectives to propel innovation in genomics. We are proud to confirm a zero-net gap in pay, regardless of gender, ethnicity, or race. We also have several Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that deliver career development experiences, increase cultural awareness, and demonstrate our collective commitment to diversity and inclusion in the communities we live and work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf