Senior Regional Manager, Oncology | Northern Ohio
Invitae is a leading medical genetics company trusted by millions of patients and their providers to deliver timely genetic information using digital technology. We aim to provide accurate and actionable answers to strengthen medical decision-making for individuals and their families. Invitae's genetics experts apply a rigorous approach to data and research, serving as the foundation of their mission to bring comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people.
Territory: Northern Ohio - Oncology
This role will require extensive travel and some work during the evenings and occasional weekends.
Regional Managers develop and grow their assigned territory, representing their portfolio within their dedicated specialty while calling on providers, systems and clients in their region. You will develop and execute on a territory business plan as well as the specific sales strategy within a defined geographic region. The RM is responsible for managing business results, sales activities, and cross-functional initiatives in their respective territory. You will be responsible for making the day-to-day decisions required to manage a productive territory, retain and grow the existing customer base of business while growing sales through new account acquisition.
RMs partner with cross-functional teammates including CSL, Marketing, CSM/CS, Data Processing, Sales Training, Billing and Product teams and are expected to build collaborative relationships across the organization. RMs maintain a high degree of integrity and ethics, representing Invitae with professionalism, honesty, and high standards of excellence.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for a positive ROI within the specified territory.
- Consistently meet and exceed sales quota and grow assigned territory
- Drive new account business and maintain existing accounts with high degree of client satisfaction.
- Schedule education sessions with clients and utilize support from Inside Sales, CSMs and CSLs when appropriate.
- Utilize data platforms for tracking business opportunities, account outreach, and activity.
- May require accessing minimally necessary PHI to facilitate obtaining information necessary to complete patient testing, as aligned with permissions in Invitae systems and in compliance with HIPAA requirements for patient information and privacy
- Create, implement and follow through on business plans that target territory growth from both a revenue and volume perspective.
- Laboratory and phlebotomy contracting to support business growth and enhance external partnerships.
- Participate in ongoing training related to new product releases, enhancements and updates.
- Stay up to date with assigned company wide compliance training.
What you bring:
- Proven track record of delivering sales and growing business within the diagnostics industry
- A passion for sales with a high degree of accountability and integrity.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of industry trends and clear knowledge of assigned territory.
- 7+ years of healthcare sales experience and substantial experience building relationships and selling complex, value driven solutions to a variety of healthcare stakeholders including into the C-Suite, across Health Systems Clinic settings
- Ability to travel 80% of the time: 4.5 days a week in the field, with overnights and irregular business hours required.
- Ability to obtain vendor credentialing with healthcare systems and meet all requirements put in place by our clients for access.
- Advanced presentation skills.
- Excellent selling, negotiation and communication skills.
- Live within the assigned geography.
- Own a reliable vehicle and maintain comprehensive car insurance.
- Ability to work in the field and attend face to face meetings.
- 10+ years of sales experience
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We truly believe a diverse workplace is crucial to our company's success and to better serve our diverse patients. Your input is especially valuable. We’d greatly appreciate it if you can take a quick moment to make your selection(s) below. Submissions will be anonymous.
You can find a detailed explanation of our privacy practices here.